or Connect

Posts by skyman

Quote: Originally Posted by Jekyll Y'know, I thought that at first, but now I'm not so sure. It's not like this is a common thing, or I'm sure they would be armed. And given the amount of people killed under "questionable" circumstances by the police in the US every year, the UK might be on to something. Yeah it's easy to jump onto the "9 people would still be alive" bandwagon. In the US we see criminals becoming more heavily armed, with...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jekyll http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/ju...bria-shootings Although I can see why UK police do not have guns, due to the traditional image, if this were America 9 people would still be alive. I am not saying the Police officer could have done anything, it is hard to approach an armed physcopath when the only defence you have is a baton and a pepperspray I would imagine. But definantly this would raise an...
Quote: Originally Posted by Wanderer Not my joke. As Uro Avnery says, it's an old Jewish joke. Try reading the article, you may learn something. You have no argument to put forward, have no evidence, and are blindly ignoring the facts. Try not being a douchebag.
Flight track, absoloutly awesome if you fly alot. Espn sport centre, pretty good for all that sport news. Pop group, like the game that is on alot of androids, very addictive, and great on a plane, incidentally I'm top of the world.
Quote: Originally Posted by Wanderer Oh is that what it is? Did he take that off the commando do you think? No because the Israeli army knives don't look anything like that, their handle is leather and the blade is long and thin with a ridge down the middle, unlike the knife shown in the picture. Also all your comments lead me to believe that you are beyond reasoning and anything Israeli=bad. Infact judging by your "joke" are you Turkish?
Quote: Originally Posted by z7f9q Well, then it would be an entirely different incident. I don't see the use in talking about theoretical fact patterns. But sure, if the aid ship arrived toting heavy weaponry and wiped out an Israeli force meeting it I'd be very critical of them. Obviously, that isn't the case here, as world reaction can attest to. How is it an entirely different incident? If the Israelis hadn't have opened fire this is...
Quote: Originally Posted by coldarchon you really think friendly countries can ever say a definite no to anything related to trading and cooperations? they have a small part on the european continent, and guess what, they are not near to the atlantic ocean but still members of the nato .. More to the point do I believe a country with such an appaling human rights record should be delt with? Not really. Or certainly a certain amount of pressure...
Quote: Originally Posted by skalogre Well, thank you for reminding me of things such as the two "UK sovereign base areas" right outside my hometown . And no, what the British did was primarily a "save their own hide" situation. Suffice to say their priority was shipping Commonwealth citizens (except for Cypriots, of course) out of the country. It was the beleaguered UN troops that had to take the brunt of it (note the resolutions condemning the killing...
Quote: Originally Posted by coldarchon its called diplomacy .. Ok after two replies I'm just going to
Quote: Originally Posted by coldarchon umm, no?! Ok if they improve their human rights and a few other things. But still the fact they were even considered is beyond me.