or Connect

Posts by skyman

Don't be to quick to discount the nose bleed theory. About 18 months ago I suddenly started coughing up blood in my mucus, and a significant amount aswell. Obviously very scary. Went home and blew my nose a little blood in my nose mucus. Then over the next few days had a couple more nose bleeds (consistent with a previous cut). Doc said sometimes when asleep all the blood will drain down your throat and there will be no apparent blood in the nose. Also as far as cancer...
Quote: Originally Posted by sportin_life So I have whatever viral URI or flu is going around right now. Is it a bad idea to go running and/or swimming with this? My main symptoms are sinus and nasal congestion, low grade fever, pharyngitis, and headache. I figure that lifting moderate weights should be okay right? Probably should avoid heavy cardio though? Gotta get some tamiflu... Scrap my earlier reply, you're taking the piss even...
Just sit back and take it easy. If you work out now chances are you'll be tired for your big game. Only time I ever worked out whilst sick, turned out I had glandular fever and my doctor chewed me out for exercising as my spleen could have ruptured. Never again. Listen to your body. If it's saying you're tired and sick, lie in bed and rest.
Quote: Originally Posted by wmmk All right, so 1-2 days/week lifting until crew's over, and eat better. Sounds pretty straightforward. Concerning diet, though, I admittedly have a lot of bad habits to break. First of all, I'm accustomed to eating a lot. What foods can I depend on to make me feel full without adding lots of empty calories to my diet? And, aside from the obvious things like junk food and sweets, are there any particularly bad (high in...
China are starting to get serious about enforcing their ridiculous EEZ demands, and their claim to virtually the entire South China Sea. The J-20 whilst a long way short of being operational on a large scale reprsents yet another claim to China's increasing military might. People need to stop seeing China as a country stealing secrets, producing low quality hardware. China's indigenous military production is becoming increasingly high tech, fueled by an almost exponetial...
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton Not that I expect you to understand, much less accept, this, but the UK--like a lot of other nations including the US--have an interest in unfettered freedom of the seas. Naval power helps to enforce that. As other navies decline, all the hard work is being done by the US Navy, which is also in decline. Leave aside piracy. China right now is increasingly assertive in claiming "Chinese territorial waters" in areas...
Quote: Originally Posted by passingtime We are not going to fight a conventional war on our own any more because we don't have the depth of resources. Our current role is filling a particular niche in NATO (in the case of the navy that's ASW). Beyond that, yes I believe we will be fighting brushfire wars and insurrections for the foreseeable future so lets have the tools to do it. It would be relatively easy to sell to the public; just take the line...
Quote: Originally Posted by passingtime The last plan I heard was to try and resell as many of them as possible. There were complaints from the other countries though as those sales would detract from the export market. What is really needed for the RAF to get helicopters for troop transport and the army to get light armoured vehicles but the RAF have the most clout at the moment so we get fighters and bombers. Thats exactly what the...
Quote: Originally Posted by RSS Behind is the wrong word. American domestic airlines used to be quite good ... down is the direction they are headed. Domestic Airlines are the product of a system. Pilot, work long hours, for low pay, many having to work two or three jobs to keep rent. Bearing in mind that on top of this they have just paid $80000 to get their license. Then the other flight crew also have to work the long hours, for lower pay,...
Quote: Originally Posted by fir3fox Forgive me but I'm not that familar w/ soccer. But does that mean he's on the downhill since he's coming to the states to play? Europe=Win (money, women, fans, good football) USA/MLS=Fail (comparably little money, poor standard, understudy to baseball/football/basketball) Also the standard is very poor in the MLS compared to most European top flight leagues. The oppurtunity to win large tournaments...