or Connect

Posts by skyman

Just sit back and take it easy. If you work out now chances are you'll be tired for your big game. Only time I ever worked out whilst sick, turned out I had glandular fever and my doctor chewed me out for exercising as my spleen could have ruptured. Never again. Listen to your body. If it's saying you're tired and sick, lie in bed and rest.
Quote: Originally Posted by wmmk All right, so 1-2 days/week lifting until crew's over, and eat better. Sounds pretty straightforward. Concerning diet, though, I admittedly have a lot of bad habits to break. First of all, I'm accustomed to eating a lot. What foods can I depend on to make me feel full without adding lots of empty calories to my diet? And, aside from the obvious things like junk food and sweets, are there any particularly bad (high in...
Quote: Originally Posted by fir3fox Forgive me but I'm not that familar w/ soccer. But does that mean he's on the downhill since he's coming to the states to play? Europe=Win (money, women, fans, good football) USA/MLS=Fail (comparably little money, poor standard, understudy to baseball/football/basketball) Also the standard is very poor in the MLS compared to most European top flight leagues. The oppurtunity to win large tournaments...
Quote: Originally Posted by SpooPoker +10000000000000 I get shivers just thinking about sticky hands - honey, maple syrup are the worst. brrrrrr The worst in is a restaraunt when the table hasnt been washed properly, and the table before has spilt sauce or coke which is now sticky on the table. That is a walk out offence.
Quote: Originally Posted by Luc-Emmanuel Yes, you are right, but I consider it's not really an advantage if playing the advantage actually rules out the foul which has been comitted. !luc Yes but it's a bit stupid if a player gets fouled carries on gets his shot in, keeper makes a fantastic save only for the player to then be awarded a free kick for the foul a few minutes earlier.
Quote: Originally Posted by bigbadbuff Soccer is the hardest sport to call correctly from a refereeing perspective. That said, if this WC doesn't get FIFA to institute some replay tech AND consequently actually card players for diving, I will not be watching anymore. I love the sport, but the almost nonstop awful- actually comical- calls frustrate me to no end. In the final yesterday there were easily 25+ calls that I 100% disagreed with, from goal kicks...
Quote: Originally Posted by Luc-Emmanuel They've been doing it for years in Rugby. Bakkies Botha just got nine weeks out for a headbutt on nz scrum half, unseen by the referee but ruled on the video afterwards. They also have the "advantage rule" where the referee can let the game go, and back to the foul if it doesn't lead to a try or a significant advantage. In football, you have to "dive" if you don't think you can score after a foul, otherwise, you...
Quote: Originally Posted by ConcernedParent Maybe Robben felt bad for the theatrics in the Brazil game... or realized it wasn't working in this one. I disagree with Villa and Iniesta's flopping, but this is something Robben has been making an art out of this entire world cup. Please, the Spanish and Italians practically invented diving.
Quote: Originally Posted by ConcernedParent Dutch homers on this thread: The strings of sorrow sing sweetly. After that first half it's seriously unconscionable that anybody could actually root for that team. It's called football, and is a CONTACT sport for a reason. Anyone who has played football to a reasonable level knows that if a player tries to flick and turn (see Spanish team) they will get kicked by some wayward challenges. It's...
Quote: Originally Posted by embowafa Who's going to play it? Certainly you don't mean the Dutch? No certainly not the team who invented it.