or Connect

Posts by Drydis Greis

Quote: Originally Posted by brozeus I have a pair of Testoni captoes that are very gently worn. I love them, and unfortunately so does my 10 month old pup. The soles (rubber) are in pristine condition, as is the left shoe. My pup only got ahold of the right shoe, and you can see the damage he did to the upper around the lace holes. Is there any possible repair option here? Im not looking for complete restoration, but just something that would be...
Quote: Originally Posted by mushu35 LOL does this mean i have poor taste It's "the morning after" look...
Quote: Originally Posted by mushu35 For a guy that wears almost exclusively old T-shirts, chucks, jeans, and hoodies, the prospect of completely redoing a wardrobe seems expensive and dauntingly unfamiliar. I also don't feel quite in my own skin wearing a suit, or dress shoes, or "nicer" things. Especially all at once. If you were to suggest ways to upgrade from an extremely casual, "I'm just stepping out to grab some groceries" look to something more...
Quote: Originally Posted by josepidal What would you boys think of having one's initials worked into or as the medallion of a pair of bespoke wingtips? Anyone have any photos of this done well? Or is it that much worse than a monogram on your shirt cuff? If it's that bad, stop drinking...otherwise, IMHO, it's terribly egocentric.
Quote: Originally Posted by ThinkDerm What is your fave brand of shoe brush and why? Where to buy? Thanks! http://www.kentbrushes.com/shopexd.asp?id=57&catid=50, 'Cause it's a Kent and it works.
Quote: Originally Posted by munchausen So I've made a few dressing related promises to myself, and one of them is to never again wear flip flops anywhere but the beach. But I live in a place with miserable hot summers and need a pair of ultra casual shoes that are easy to put on and take off, breathe really well, and would be good at a summer barbecue or the like (I know it's not summer. I think ahead.) I know sandals are the obvious choice, but...
Quote: Originally Posted by mg428 My size in Barrie is US 9.5D. The boots made on this last that I am interested in are, unfortunately, only available in US 9E. I would like to hear your comments as to whether this size would fit. As a side note, when I say that my size in Barrie is 9.5D, I am saying this due to the consensus on this last (half size down from your regular size), as I don't have experience with this last. I know you will suggest...
Quote: Originally Posted by Marbles29 thanks...what's more of a factor...the sole? the captoe? both equally? The amount of brogueing applied: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=149097.
Quote: Originally Posted by infinitum I have tried searching for an answer to this question for some time now, but I am still unable to find one that is satisfactory. Lately, I have realized that most of my pants do not fit me quite right (the pockets flare out when I wear them). I have a few pairs of pleated pants, but they look too baggy around the thighs, and they do not look as flattering as flat front pants. I usually wear a size 34 waist, which is...
The Jumper boot is the better choice.