or Connect

Posts by Drydis Greis

Quote: Originally Posted by mrbranch Background: I'm new to the forum, and shoe care in general. Question: There seems to be universal agreement that the same pair of shoes should never be worn on consecutive days. Can someone please explain in more detail the benefits of shoe rotation? Here are some options: 1) Wear the same pair every day. 2) Buy two pairs and switch off every day. 3) Buy three pairs and switch every 2 days People seem to...
Quote: Originally Posted by tim_horton What's the general opinion as to which of these two styles is more formal? If you had both, on which occasions would you wear one or the other? Lace Up Chukka NOTE: I'm just using these as a broad example; they don't necessarily have to be Alden shoes, or cordovans, or what have you. I have both and am very much inclined to wear the lace up boots with suits and the chukkas with casual wear -...
Quote: Originally Posted by bigbris1 Actually EG quoted me: Midford black 82 (£506.00 tax-free) + £30 shipping which works out to $857 whereas the site I go those pics from it's $790 shipped. Thanks for that pic but another site that sells the same shoe pictures it like this: Maybe it's the bad lighting, with bright lights: From the EG site: As I always like a better deal, I'd be very much interested to learn this...
Quote: Originally Posted by makewayhomer I'm trying to come to terms with how shell looks in the long term, and whether I really like the way it creases. I'm certainly sure I don't like the pic below...but this is something that happens if you don't use trees and/or wear shoes that don't fit, right? right? ALways use shoe trees! The creasing will still be there but not anywhere near as pronounced as in that photo. I have a number of...
Quote: Originally Posted by bigbris1 So I'm seriously considering venturing off of my usual miserly path and picking up a pair of EGs at full retail. The only place I've found that has my size in stock has the Berkeley in a very desirable colorway (dark oak?) for about 505GBP. Outside of that, can they be had more cheeply? Normally I'd wait for a pair to come along but nothing as of late in a 12/12.5. Thanks I have a number of EG,...
Quote: Originally Posted by bigbris1 Do not want. Who has an EG catalog with all of their shoes? They haven't updated their catalog yet; I E-mailed and asked for a new one a little over a month ago. You have to E-mail and ask them to send you information, to include photos, on their latest offerings.
Quote: Originally Posted by Sixth_Sense So I am redoing shoe collection, and I am planning to make a purchase this weekend. My preference at this particular point: 1) RM Williams Chelsea Boots (Likely Macquarie): http://www.bootsonline.com.au/b555.htm 2) C&J Lowndes: http://www.shoes.shoppingsection.co....Category_Code= I will EVENTUALLY own both, but I am trying to take my time when it comes to rebuilding due to how costly of an endeavor this...
Quote: Originally Posted by JayJay I don't think 15 is unreasonable. Me either. I'm there myself. Now it's all about taking care of them...
Quote: Originally Posted by BigRed I know both are great but which do you personally prefer and why? John Lobb or Edward Green? Also how do you feel Ferragamo Tramezza compares to either of these brands? Thank you. Edward Green. I am not much for the marbling affect of John Lobb shoes. Don't get me wrong, Lobbs are very nice, and I would consider one of their offerings in a traditional solid black or brown finish.
Quote: Originally Posted by Ich_Dien Get excactly what you want otherwise you'll never be happy with them. No point spending $1000+ if you're not 100%. They're called MTO for a reason. Absolutely! To much money to be spending for a momentary feeling of satisfaction that turns into a lifetime of regret. Reminds me of my second marriage...