or Connect

Posts by Mild Mannered

+1 to all. agreed.
Quote: Originally Posted by SoHoJoejoe Going to the MET Opera in Dec and would like to do so in proper attire. Does it matter that their are no matching pants, ie; is it common practice to sell separates for formal wear? Can any tux pant work, or at least any from the same brand, like a Polo tux pant for the Corneliani for instance? Firstly, the proper name for this atire is Tuxedo, not 'tux'. Do not attempt to match orphaned items. Each...
I have a dress shirt like this by Dunhill (Made In Italy). It is as lightweight as silk, yet 100% cotton. The label only says 100% cotton. It has a wonderful shimmer too, but not sea island/egyptian. For the life of me I can't remember what process was involved in its making. It wears like silk too, only a touch stiffer. It barely wrinkles with wearing & breathes very well. Real nice on a summer day. Almost like having the perfect shirt. I wash in regular laundry (Cold...
Quote: Originally Posted by hth2002 The shoes look really great with the light grey pants in Tom's photo. I was thinking of buying some chili shoes today, but I stopped myself. I wear medium and dark grey pants and wasn't sure about the combination. Do you guys think it would be tacky to wear with medium and dark grey wool pants? Proceed with confidence. The combination is dynamite.
Sir Anthony pulls that off beautifully. Bravo!
Quote: Originally Posted by Clelow Is that all you are able to add to the discussion? Sorry, I do not get it. Has this been said before? Yes that was all I was able to add. Don't take any offense to my dozing off at your rant. You are entitled if you are unhappy with any purchase from any brand, ofcourse. It's the intensity of your words that left me to wonder if you have contacted Allen Edmonds directly and inform them of your...
A Gloverall Duffle Coat, sweater, touque, scarf & lined leather mittens. It will certainly keep you warm and women weaken at the sight of a man in a duffle. Its practical and makes a man seem 'approachable'. Toss in a dog & snowball, and you'll have future wives lining up.
I am 6ft even, and not qualified on this topic. However, if it means anything to anyone, I would gladly give up a few inches of my height if it were possible to share, and I mean that sincerely. Take a small mirror, look at your face head on. Now lower the mirror 5 inches and angle it up and look at your face again. You'll see how much older you look. Now position that mirror 5 inches above your eye level, and see what I see. See how young you look. Believe me this is...
Quote: Originally Posted by deveandepot1 I have a few things I can't match with anything. I am not an amatuer, but I have tried and failed with these. Any ideas? 1. Khaki Blazer/Sportcoat- What color pants? Navy? 2. Pinstripe pants- I don't have the matching jacket. 3. Dark Brown Monkstraps. Would they work with jeans? 4. Black Sportcoat- White pants, Charcoal pants,...? Nothing looks good. Thanks ok I'll bite on this. And if my $0.02...
Quote: Originally Posted by Drydis Greis I think this chukka is the better looking: http://www.yoox.com/item.asp?sec=1&Y...=sr_shoesmen80 I agree with this choice of the two.