or Connect

Posts by Mild Mannered

Beautiful work Marcel.
A listing of my AE 'army' to date: Bradley (Chili) Bradley (Black) Woodstock (2 tone) Kingsley (Mirror Black) Mora (Black) Mora (Brown) Birmingham (Black) Walton (Black) Denton (Chili) Wingham (Black) Bel Air (Walnut) MacNeil (Pebbled Black) Grayson (Black) Ashton (Chili) Lloyd (Pebbled Cognac) Taunton (Brown Suede) I (at 200lbs) am on my feet for about 2/3 of the day and all of my AE's are very comfortable. None of my AE's see bad weather (except the rubber soled...
JUMBO RESPONSE POST Quote: Originally Posted by Bartolo That's excellent! You got all the perc out! (That's not perc in that bottle. Read the label.) Thank you. Yes you are correct. I just tossed up a photo of a Perc bottle to give an idea. I admit I didn;t read the label of it before posting, but it's just a reference shot. Quote: Originally Posted by Sean Archer Rats. I just took my suit to the dry cleaners and...
The chemicals in dry cleaning are deadly. Whenever I got my suits & jackets back from the dry cleaners, I always felt nauseas wearing them. Even airing them out for days/weeks didn't help. It has taken me 20 years to finally get it through my head, that dry cleaning chemicals are deadly to me. I have recently undertaken a desperate measure. I washed all of my suits in my bath tub. Behold the culprit. Perchloroethylene. I let each suit soak in water and very...
I like none of them, but thanks for sharing the photos just the same.
Diadora cycling shoes & Adidas Stan Smith sneakers. Neither 'breathed' and my feet sweat something horrible. I threw both pair in the trash so no one else would have to suffer after me. All shoes that were a half size too small (and there were many) Square-toed shoes (several pair/mfr's) Shirts made from synthetic fabrics. Most are in the trash where they belong. Cheap umbrellas made in China. 100% failure. 100% loss of money. Late 1970's I bought some 'Platform...
I like them too. I have a pair almost identical by Dack's of Canada. Congrats on your purchase.
Disclaimer I am in no way affiliated with Allen Edmonds. I did a search here and nothing came up, so I would like all those who enjoy their Allen Edmonds shoes to participate in this thread. With respect to the rich boys here, this thread is for the rest of us, to also enjoy our shoes too. As most men in North America (if not the world) cannot afford to buy Alden and up, we do have our own 'High End' shoe options; that being primarily Allen Edmonds. I would...
I feel insulted for just having read this thread.
Quote: Originally Posted by Bird's One View You could try cleaning them with either vodka or rubbing alcohol. Lexol (or whatever) and polish after. Vodka will stain outsides! Avoid. (Good for sterilizing the insides of used shoes though.) I recommend Varsol if you have any. Put on old cloth. Work entire shoe. Let dry 1 hr. Lotion (or Lexol), let dry again, polish & buff. The gent who recommended the stain remover is probably even better...