or Connect

Posts by Mild Mannered

Quote: Originally Posted by Swan Song well, in a metaphysical way, too, if you get right down to it. Very, very Vintage Longwing Florsheim Imperials in #8 Shell Please forgive me, I have a bad flu today. How could I have forgotten about shell. Those are very nice. Allow me to ammend. Florsheim Imperials -are- quietly elegant. I've been spending too much time drooling over Lobbs lately and it wasn't fair of me in my earlier post. I forgot to...
Quote: Originally Posted by aleksandr For the weekend. When I go to work I have a regular man-tote type bag that carries whatever I need and more, but I'm looking for some smaller and more casual (not too casual though, e.g. timbuk2) for the weekend. All I need for it to hold is my wallet, phone, and keys. I know some would suggest pockets but I hate putting stuff in my back pockets and my walletphonekeys don't fit nicely into 2 front...
Clarks, Ecco, Rockport, etc. Anything with a full rubber sole.
Quote: Originally Posted by MetroStyles Obvious answer would be Allen Edmonds. Only the Rubber-soled models. check the Allen Edmonds Ebay store.
I would call them 'Classic Traditional American/British', not 'elegant'. I have 3 pairs of them. If you have never worn a pair of these, be aware they are heavy. I mean the physical weight of them.
Post some photos!
Quote: Originally Posted by binge IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREETIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the...
You'll be able to find better for the money, but they look fine. I have a pair of Banana Republic 'Bond Street' wingtips in 'Buff' color. Hard rubber soles. The color of mine is something uncommon on a wingtip and I enjoy my BR's very much. I receive a LOT of compliments and they are very comfortable.
So nice to see these. None are my size but nice!
Quote: Originally Posted by Margaret In my experience, a blend may look great off the rack, or even after a couple of wearings, but inside of a year, it will start to wear like crap. The fibers won't respond well to drycleaning, it won't drape naturally, it'll start to pill slightly and/or shine, etc. That said, if you need a well-fitting suit and time is of the essence, fine. Just don't expect to get more than a few months to a year of good use out of...