or Connect

Posts by g transistor

Vis 101 ita suede
do you have an old english cottage garden? Do you garden with Monty Don and then share some tea and biscuits afterwards, Nigel sitting at your foot begging for scraps? Let's trade heirloom seeds.
2 is tiny, probably best for an XS or slim S. But the arms are also very long. It's a very difficult piece to wear (sizing wise)
I Will say though, when buying outdoors/military/workwear inspired boots, there is definitely an expectation of them lasting. I wouldn't really say much if I was treating MMM side zips the way I do my Visvim and the side zips fall apart, but there's just a different expectation to the type of brand EG, Visvim, et al hold up to. But you are definitely right, they are fashion brands first and foremost. Brands with really good marketing.
Yeah I don't expect them to be indestructible, and i like the designs quite a bit too. It just kind of makes me sad. I really should just get a pair of vibergs for my heavy everyday stuff, but the Virgils are so perfect that I was just hoping (wishing) the rest of the Visvim boots would hold up similarly.
That album legitimately sends me down a horrible nightmarish memory lane and depresses me so much. It is cruel how much music or art or smells or whatever can affect you so viscerally through memories
Someone was complaining about topknots being trendy with dudes trying to copy celebs, and noticed that I was right there with my top notch top knot. She kinda stammered and said to me "but not yours. That's just your heritage." Another time, an older guy spent 15 minutes commenting on how my hair is "that old style" and lectured me on samurais and ninjas (???) and honor. I am just here trying to sell plants, man. He was cute tho, how excited he got about my hair
Yep. On the 73s there's small portions separating from the leather and bigger portions separating the from the midsole. I had to use contact cement once already which was a pain, and it looks like I'll have to do it again. I think this was a problem for a lot of the old models. All three of my boots are from 2011. Whympers and 73s purchased as new old stock.This is interesting. The lug/commando soles are just glued on. I feel kinda cheated. I wear my boots pretty damn hard...
Yall both get to go to Japan? When is someone going to send g transistor somewhere. Where are my dues. Send me to do a report on the fashions of eagle hunters in Mongolia.
Wtf is up with Visvim boots. Both my 73s and my Whymper soles are separating. Contact cement seems to work OK, but other parts of the soles are separating so I have to do it again. Why is it so shitty? Anyone have a better idea? Only seems to be happening on the commando soles. My Virgils don't separate at all and I've had those for 4 years. 73s and Whympers are both less than a year old.