or Connect

Posts by g transistor

G: Hey ya'll George from Gents Lounge here and uh, we gonna, um, talk about, you know, 3 shoes that everyone should own. Uh, Gtrans is here to talk about his.. uh, 3 picks. What do you think every alpha male should own, G?GT: Oh, hey, uh you know, I think, you know, shoes are very important. Like, whether you are in a business meeting, like meeting an older male figure, or you know, uh maybe you're going on a date with that girl from the gym--G: Ha ha, the gym, gotta get...
I'd have to hire him to help me with my crippling self-doubt and general beta personality first so it'll probably cost more than $15
I'm having so much trouble finding a cobbler in Atlanta. Asked the guys at SId Mashburn and they were just straight up like "Yeah Atlanta sucks. We send all our clients' expensive shoes to NY for complex leather resoling." I want to replace the destroyed leather sole of my Wings + Horns x Dayton boots with a tougher rubber sole that I got but I also want to find a cobbler that I'll trust with Visvims and stuff, too. Anyone in Atl have any experience with cobblers? I've...
That's what I'm trying to get at: a lot of the tags that say Made in ______ is for marketing purposes anyways. I like it when stuff I buy says Made in Japan or Made in Italy or Made in USA, but I recognize that a lot of that stems from an emotional attachment in part because of marketing or whatever. There is plenty of MiJ or MiUSA stuff that feels like absolute trash and falls apart quickly. This is why it's really cool when you get to go through and see some companies...
Visvim is not positioned as very Japanese at all...Visvim's whole ethos is that it's amorphous, focusing on traditional/heritage wear "made by skilled artisans" (ugh that phrase). As long as it's rooted in some sort of culture Hiroki takes it and slaps a $2000 pricetag on it. That's Visvim in a nutshell-- it has little to do with Japan.I see your point about authenticity, and I'm the same way about some things. Navajo jewelry for example... best to go straight with the...
If you buy something because a tag says it's made in a certain country you're delusional. Most of the time it means absolutely nothing, Visvim isn't an exception to this
Atlanta SFers: who is your cobbler of choice? I'm looking for a good cobbler to resole some of my leather soled boots to a more durable sole (leather just doesn't cut it for outdoor work) and to have someone work on my more expensive footwear in general, and I'm having trouble finding an acceptable answer. I've heard Bennie's, Trio, Midtown Shoe Repair... but none of them actually seem to stand out. What are your experiences? I've asked the guys at Sid Mashburn and they...
i LOVE those niche shirts. I only wish there was nothing on the back, but having the instructions there is kinda neat.
I basically dress like your son there and I am very happy about that. I like his Kapital pants.
Every single time I order from Tres Bien or have EMS shipping from Japan it completely blows me away the distance my shit traveled while only taking