or Connect

Posts by g transistor

Man, I hadn't even realized how horror influenced it was until I read your post. Definitely got the Agatha Christy vibe, but the more I think about The Thing and Hitchcock it makes a lot of sense. Damn, that's good. That music comparison is incredible. Tim Roth was very Waltzy and threw me for a loop for a bit, too. He did a great job, though, even if it was a very iconically Christoph Waltz character at this point.
Man, I absolutely love Oi Polloi's website
are those the rancher side zips from this season/lasts? How'd you size? I have yet to purchase a pair of nonnative shoes that fit me, can't figure out the sizing.
Hello everyone! This has been in the works since late last year, and we're finally ready to announce and start it. We are starting a StyleForum user submitted arts publication! How exciting! The idea stemmed from a post by @LonerMattin the SWD Photography thread, and so a bunch of us got together and started brainstorming on how to make it happen. Well, we've got the nitty-gritty down, we've got LA Guy's and Synthese's blessing, and now the only thing we're missing...
I want to buy some A Kind of Guise shirts or whatever but I hate the name so I won't. Yet another year passes by where I wonder why this affects me so much. Is this unreasonable
Agree with Blue Blue Japan. Lots of awesome stuff with an excellent mixture of traditional and modern. And yeah, they just do what they want and happily I agree with pretty much everything they do. Kapital was a close second for me, but there's just so much stuff that I think is a bit wonky and off. Like Visvim, some great concepts and good things pulled off well, but tons of horrendously ugly shit.
Navy and black are fine together. It's a general rule to make things easy for people, like the black and brown rule, but shape, texture, and color all have nuance and play together to make any combination look good.I think the biggest thing about blacks and blues/blacks and browns is that they have varying degrees of "warmth." If any of ya'll have dealt with black dye or even done any print design with black, black is never black. There's varying degrees of other colors in...
Yeah, I definitely agree with you. It could've been a much tighter film and definitely feels like a missed opportunity at times. I should've known it was Lubezki again, so many shots looked like Tree of Life. ~~~ Haven't been watching many movies lately, so if ya'll have recommendations for some good recent-ish stuff, that'd be great. I'm down for anything. I watched The Hateful Eight in 70mm a while back. 70mm was cool, hard to tell any difference from digital...
Fit on the pants and jacket are spot on. Really like it, though I can't help but think that it would benefit from a dark shirt instead of white because of the black pants.
I liked it a lot, though I agree it was a bit underwhelming. The flashback/dream sequences were definitely boring and awful, and I agree with the odd mix of survival and revenge.Outside of that, I think it did an excellent job of making you feel like Leo-- frozen and alone. Loved the lengthy scenes with little dialogue and you're right, the cinematography was breathtaking. But I thought the plateaued and anticlimactic ending was pretty good. It's dissatisfying, but I think...