or Connect

Posts by g transistor

And that's the thing, people just don't give a shit about artisan goods.I have this dope cosmic wonder knit that was throstle spun and it went into detail about all this shit and I thought it was so fucking cool. Like to most people that stuff just doesn't matter if it means the price is a lot higher, and really, it's often viewed as pretentious or whatever.People still balk at a $5 cup of coffee, but it's so worth it when you find a coffee shop you like that uses good...
I mean yeah, that's a huge problem, and I mentioned that in my posts. Unless you raise the price of your food, you'll have to cut corners somewhere. Most restaurants will cut corners in the kitchen staff pay, especially higher end restaurants, because there's a culture of putting in your time for shit pay and shit benefits. I'm not saying that what he says is untrue. I am saying that his choices in where he opens his restaurants, what type of food he sells, and other...
I mean I'm not going to lie and say that my ranting isn't fueled with some nonsense. I know that barbecue model isn't going to work everywhere or for everyone, it's just something I really appreciate. One thing I do think Chang is smart about is the sort of chain-restaurant thing that can be replicable elsewhere without compromising quality of food and service. My favorite burger joint in Atlanta is now a chain across like 6 states. And I think maybe that would be an...
What's wrong with Falcon Garments? Did shit stink again? I thought that was going well.I'm pretty sure the W+H dayton boots were leather soled, stock nubuck boots distressed by soaking and binding and oil staining.
I don't buy much stock in this because David Chang has expensive build-outs in the most expensive parts of the world. Restaurants are like any small business, and lots of the newer restaurants that are closing after 1-2 years just simply weren't good business decisions— they were precious dreams of the chefs/owners.Him saying his bowl should cost $28 but he only charges $17 is bullshit. That means nothing. If it should cost $28, then it would be $28, that's simply a number...
Yeah it was about as terrible as it got. It was so fucking simple, too. Like, just choose a dope yarn, choose your size and style, and order. Jesus Christ people made it complicated.
True, and I agree with this. I am sometimes more prone to buy collaborations specifically for this reason. It's an extension of a designer's grand vision coupled with traditional manufacturers and techniques, which is really, really cool.I'm just wondering at what point does the value of the designer start to fall off, and does it ever become exploitation? I work with a lot of primary producers in the food world, and the farmers are super happy that very high-end...
Oh my god I was mostly complaining because I like The Hillside's ramen pin. I didn't even think about brands like SLP
Fuck brands who make shitty enamel pins and charge $30 for ONE pin. And no, saying that it's cloisonne and traditional blah blah blah doesn't warrant shit. Pins are all MiC anyways
That's the thing that gets me. Like I was looking at Visvim, and there were these sweaters that were made by some brand in Scotland or whatever. You know, traditional methods, signed by the knitter, etc. The usual for handmade artisan knitwear. It even had the brand tag right below Visvim.But the Vis sweater was like $4000. I'd LOVE for that to go to Susie who knitted it, but of course it's not like that (nor really should it be like that... it's complicated). It's a...