or Connect

Posts by g transistor

yeah but I don't want to support a brand that has such a shitty name. It's a philosophy, man
Have the fairisle fleece jacket coming in from @Portland Dry Goods. FW EG is making me go broke. I didn't even know there was a fairisle jacket this season, thought it was only the hooded coat.
Is it stupid that I hate the name A Kind of Guise so much that I don't want to buy their clothes even though I like a lot of the design?
Tangentially related, but you should watch Mushishi. It's an anime I always recommend to people, though pretty different from everything you listed. Art is awesome, and the general atmosphere is really great. The episodes aren't linear and all are their own story, so it's a real easy watchinb4 people call us nerds and make us stop talking about anime
guy can afford glass bottled milk but settles for yellow mustard. why would anyone want to shop at Gap after this campaign
I would buy this if it wasn't black
Yep, I have some pieces from 2008-9 that are still going strong. I definitely agree about EG being a brand that thrives on the "story" of the clothing as it's worn throughout the years. I like that stuff, many of my very old shirts/pants that have blown out in high-stress points I've patched with vintage Japanese fabrics that I have found. It definitely adds to the charm, and if brands like Visvim (lots of usage of vintage fabrics that require patching, mismatched vintage...
I think it really depends. Design is absolutely my first choice when buying clothes, but small differences in quality really play a huge part as well, especially for a brand named Engineered Garments. Let's face it, shirts are shirts. They're not going to be indestructible, but you know that horrible feeling you get when you buy a piece you've wanted real and there's just something about it that makes it feel flimsy? Like the fabric is just a hair too thin to make it feel...
Need to see photos of the fairisle blazer!
@Portland Dry Goods OK I am going to buy 1 more EG piece at retail this season in small. Fairisle blazer or brown homespun? I AM SO CONFLICTED