or Connect

Posts by g transistor

I have… seen things you people wouldn't believe… A man wearing a suit jacket... with shorts. I watched Clark's-DBs sell out in an instant near the Atlanta J. Crew... All those… moments… will be lost in time, like ... tears… in... rain.
re: nepethica jarsTheir preservation method seems pretty solid at preserving color, but I am also wondering how much of that is increased contrast and saturation through lighting and photo-editing. I'd love to see the stuff in real life to see if they are actually as vivid as the photos show, but I am doubtful that they are quite that vivid.Honestly, I think their technique is a simple glycerol preservation system where they soak the plants in a solution of 1:2 - 4 ratio...
I did a few hours of reading journals and books last night and even shot off an email to my old field professor about fluid preservation. I think I have a pretty good idea of what is inside of it, of course I can't be sure cause I will probably never handle the thing in person, but either way, the beauty of the jars will probably still quickly fade. I found a guy's blog on Yahoo JP blogs who bought one in January but no updates on it since then, and honestly I can't...
Those Nepethica jars are expensive as fuck. 2k yen for a 1L jar. http://www.nepenthes.co.jp/feature/26/f26.html Can someone read Japanese? Does it say anything about the preservation solution? I am wondering if it is just a bullshit 70/30 solution, in which case it will look like poop shortly, which would make me really depressed.
Wonder what the preservation solution is. Colors tend to fade pretty quickly from stuff I've used before
no, i've never tried it! I'll definitely give it a whirl. I always felt that my vinaigrette was always a bit short of amazing, but delicious enough that I never really looked at how to improve it. Will definitely try the momofuku one
Cold buckwheat summer soba with ginger soy vinaigrette vinaigrette: 6 tbs soy sauce sugar (I use 2 tbs, add or reduce to taste, upwards of 4 tbs will still be delicious) 3 tbs sesame oil 3 tbs rice vinegar 2-4 tbs of water, depends on how strong you want it. I prefer stronger (2 tbs of water) since the noodles will dilute the flavor anyways bit of dark soy sauce, not too much or it will overwhelm everything grated/minced ginger, to taste. i like getting the kick of...
http://www.endclothing.com/catalog/product/view/id/230166/s/engineered-garments-shawl-collar-knit/category/66/ whoa is this a pricing error?
Re: fairisle jacket That's strange because I have no shedding problems on my end. The large looks good on you but I think it looks best open with popped collar, maybe one button buttoned but definitely not all of them. I will try to post pics today
I might take one later on in the season, it's 95 at near 100% humidity right now...The fleece is super soft, but it will pill a bit. Still worth it, I think. There is also no inside chest pocket, which kinda made me sad.