or Connect

Posts by costadelmar16

Quote: Originally Posted by RSS Excellent idea bigbris1. OP ... why don't you give him the shoes. If he truly loves them ... he'll gladly pick up the next pair on his own ... and be on the yellow brick road to a new wardrobe. I def will, I planned to do that in the future, I'm broke at the moment, but I graduate college in May and then start work in July so I'll def have the money then to get him something good for Christmas. Thanks for the...
Quote: Originally Posted by thedividingline It's hard to say if you should do anything because you really didn't give us an idea of how (poorly) your father is currently dressing. If he is dressing at a level far beneath the people he is working with, then you may want to point out that this could be affecting how he is perceived. If that's not the case, then I don't think you have much of a case for changing how he dresses. That being said, perhaps...
Quote: Originally Posted by viator Fair enough, but has he demonstrated interest in this on his own initiative? It's very easy to get on an internet message board, learn about a given topic, and then start thinking that there is something wrong with your friends and family who choose not to: wear bespoke suits to a bbq/listen to a $20k stereo set up in its own room of the house/shave with a straight razor, etc. Point is, your interests are just that:...
Quote: Originally Posted by RSS Your father is who he is ... do you really need to change him that much? I know he is who he is, but as I'm starting to dress better and picking up new items, I'd like to share the same idea with him.
Quote: Originally Posted by Macallan9 Threaten to send him to a really shitty retirement home. Burn all his clothes. Tell him you're going to go gay if he doesn't cop some Aldens. haha thats what I was looking for. thank you
Alright some will probably think this is stupid but im serious. My Dad is in his early 50's and works for a large electronics vendor of Wal-Mart, he travels a lot and works out of NJ a lot as well. Now that I am more educated on style I feel the need to pass some of this knowledge on to him. I feel that he needs to be dressing a lot better than he does when he goes up north and to Hong Kong and the rest of Asia which hes been doing frequently. I've been trying to get...
Im really upset about all of this... I've seen RLBL suits on there for like 550 many times, and I was hoping to stock up on a few the next time they're on the site. Now I'm worried that they're sub par to the ones you could get in the mansion. Anyone have any experiences with RLBL suits from Gilt?
Shoe city.. I saw your original post, the cutaway shirt is the only one that does not have the option between french cuff or single on the website
Thanks i never knew about the french cuffs worn as barrel
Thank you