or Connect

Posts by TRINI

Just the second outing today so it still needs a bit of breaking in.
One of the primary reasons I went with the cotton solaro over the wool was the particular shade of tan. The Smiths wool read too red on my skin while the cotton looked better.
I bought mine directly from Caccioppoli sight unseen but based solely on the pics of the NMWA Formosa (and GW's to a lesser extent) online. The color is very favourable compared to the Smith's original herringbone wool.
Because it's not gray?
Surprised there aren't more Belstaffs.Speaking of which, I'm off to do some riding in Portland (OR, not Maine) at the end of June.Should I take the Belstaff or my Aether?Current weather conditions have the temps at around ~20C....
The other thing I heard re: Johnson Leathers is that they have access to Kangaroo leather which is more abrasion-resistant than cowhide but significantly lighter. An upcharge of $350 tho....
Nope, it shouldn't. The only problem with retrofitting an existing jacket to accept armor is whether there's enough room in the shoulders, elbows, etc. I remember one of the original Ride Apart dudes was doing this with a Vanson jacket.That's why I went with black originally.
Oh, I agree 100%.I just want a simple cafe racer with armor. Even the Roland Sands Ronin has all this patchwork stuff going on on the sleeves.You could even just buy a Schott and have the armor pockets sewn in.
Rev'it Redhook: Alpinestars Oscar Brass: Dainese 36060 Washington: Dainese Mike: Not armoured but I like this Schott x Concepts collabo in Chromexcel (sold out)
Damn.So yeah....Johnson Leathers!