or Connect

Posts by vncrz

I've never sold anything on SF or any other forum for that matter, or on ebay, and have several items I'm looking to sell. How can I signal my reliability as a seller? What are the most common methods of payment? When exactly do payments take place (eg after buyer receives order, before order ships)?? (I looked at the buying and selling sub forum but couldn't find an equivalent to this thread)
I'm looking for a buckle dress belt that matches my walnut dress shoes, something like RL's engine turn buckle belt but in that color: Any suggestions?
Quote: Originally Posted by TwoStep While I get my pants hemmed to a length that most SF members would probably consider too short (30.5" inseam, I'm 5'11''), I think that the look you're going for would greatly benefit from lengthening the pants at least half an inch, as well as tapering them slightly and cuffing them. My own personal "rule" for pant length is that when standing up straight, the pants should touch the tongue and back...
I'd say definitely go for Thick as Thieves. I have a similar body as you and have ordered two suits from them that fit me great. You can visit their website at http://www.thickasthievesla.com/ or their SF thread at http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=27754
Quote: Originally Posted by InsBrokerTX Did you puke on the mirror before taking the pictures? Some glass cleaner and a paper towel would go a long way for you. Ummm… no. It was snowing and when I came in I decided to take some pics, somewhat impulsively I might add.
i'd post more often if i had a decent camera, however i don't think these came out that bad
Quote: Originally Posted by dinted voice Thanks. They are 2.75. I have a couple 2.5, but I think for me, the 2.75 is about the perfect lapel width. yep, my two TaT, and the other suit I own, have the same lapel widths, which go pretty well with ties of the same width, which is pretty much the only ones i buy
Quote: Originally Posted by emptym Are you sure they're made of wood? Looks like they're made of stacked leather with some kind of finish that's been painted on and is now flaking off. i'm not sure, but it is definitely not paint flaking off but rather splintering of the material Quote: Originally Posted by stewartu See a cobbler. I'm guessing $25 for heels in the U.S.? Where I live, I had a complete leather half-sole...
The rubber soles on my pair of Ferragamo monkstraps are wearing off and the wood in the heels has started to splinter… does this require a full replacement of the sole? Any idea how much a cobbler would charge? Thanks