or Connect

Posts by vncrz

Here are the pics of the jacket post tailoring. As you can see the back is a lot cleaner now, as the tailor raised the back balance a bit. My only quibble is that the jacket isn't following my waist line as smoothly as I wished it were. I also suspect my left shoulder stands somewhat higher than my left, since the roping protrudes more abruptly on the right side than the left. All in all, I think my best option is sticking with the same measurements for the new suit and...
My pink cherry blossom PS arrived on wednesday, wore it today for the first time and got many compliments! Construction is very solid and it came packaged with a lot of care and a neat hand written note. Definitely looking forward to placing more orders in the future, hopefully Gshen will re-stock the blue snowflake
As someone who owns several Thick as Thieves, I would suggest that you first order something not so expensive from them to make sure you get the measurements right, and once you find your sweet spot to splurge on nicer fabrics and send it to them. Thus in this case if you're looking to spend that much money on a high quality suit I think the Paul Stuart is a better option.
Me & my old man
Sold
Quote: Originally Posted by Maccimus It is someting less alterable and I believe it is the risk you must bear in MTM. The price of the alteration can be halved if you have it done in Asia (short of Japan). The tailor is Korean after all Quote: Originally Posted by Despos Was this an online purchase where you send your own measurements? If not, please explain to me why the person/tailor who made the MTM suit does not...
Quote: Originally Posted by LVoer Polo Ralph Lauren Garrison suits. Trim cut with big lapels. On sale this entire weekend.
I went to my usual tailor who has done simple alterations for me with my jacket and some pics to illustrate the issue and he said there wasn't much he could do since it was an issue with the original construction of the jacket and not something alterable. I then went to another tailor who does some bespoke work and he immediately pointed out the balance issue, pinned the back to deal with this and pinned the sides so they followed my waist smoothly. Problem is he...
Used but in perfect condition. $250 shipped continental US Light grey #41 lightweight flannel, super 120's made in England (BTW the dark navy worsted I had posted on the previous thread before it was closed is already sold, so please don't contact me about it) Based on suits I've tried on off the rack, I'd say that overall it fits like a 37R Jacket (measurements based on this): shoulders- 17 1/2" chest- 36" waist- 33 1/2" sleeves- 24 1/2" (non-working...
Quote: Originally Posted by vncrz Hi, my thread in FS: Men's Clothing that was linked to my signature is gone, and I did not break any rule that I am aware of. What happened? Quote: Originally Posted by j * You bumped your thread by saying "bump" * You bumped it by posting more pics or measurements in a reply to the OP * You bumped it by answering a question in a reply to the OP * You bumped it to say...