or Connect

Posts by vncrz

Thanks, that makes sense, as the right shoe tilts sideways when standing upright. Does this imply removing the soles and shaping the uppers all over again with a last? If so, it seems like a rather complicated procedure, any idea how much this would cost?
Two questions: 1) How much Renomat should be applied when stripping layers of wax and residue off a pair of shoes? 2) I noticed some irregularities on the cap toe of my C&J Hallams, as if parts of the cap toe had been "stained". I thought it was built-up wax that had been rubbed in too hard when attempting to spit shine the shoe, and so I applied a generous amount of Renomat (which lead to question 1) above). What could this be? It's hard to photograph but you can see...
I have a pair of Harvard loafers that I love, the cordovan has an amazing color particularly under the sunlight. However, there is one tiny thing that probably no one else will ever notice but just being aware of it drives me nuts. The stitching around the toe on the right shoe seems to be slightly misaligned. If you see the shoe from above as it will be seen 99.9% of the time, you can't really tell something's off: However, from this view you can see the odd S shape...
08/05 price drops
05/08 PRICE DROPS I'm travelling to the US next week and am looking to sell some of my tie collection. All prices include shipping CONUS, payment via PayPal and shipping would be through USPS sent out by monday or tuesday May 13-14. I don't wear ties on a regular basis so they are all in great shape, with the exception of the J Press linen tie which is a bit older. 1. Unknown maker, made in England for Althrupp & Peel London shirtmakers, 100% wool, 58" x 3.75" -...
There is some, but there are still significant layers of paste wax on the toe. Should I keep applying the Renomat until there is no color coming off on the rag anymore?
I have two pairs of shoes that I've worn for 2+ years with built up layers of wax from spit shining them and recently purchased Renomat to strip the layers away and start afresh. However, rubbing some Renomat in a circular motion hasn't had much of an effect, should I just rub in some more until the glossy layers just go away? I am a bit afraid of overdoing it
What's the best way to get rid of mud on dress shoes? The soles are covered by it and a little splashed on the uppers
I like the first one better, what's the collar band height and collar point length on that?
Can cordovan be spit shined? I love the natural look of my CJ Harvards but would really like to get a mirror shine on the toe.