or Connect

Posts by vncrz

Well I FINALLY received the shoes While they retail for $468 on the Brooks Bros website, they are the Loake Fenchurch model, which you can buy directly from the maker for £180.00 < $300. I got them on sale and with gift cards bought from SF at a discount so it came out about the same. While I like them a lot, the model pictured in the Brooks site is not the same as the shoe, the most evident differences being the length of the "tongue" (don't know what that would be...
Ed, are you planning on stocking any wider ties in the future (3.5 - 3.75")?
Quote: Originally Posted by jrd617 Borrelli tie added PM'd
PM'd
bump for a good seller. just received the lovely borrelli tie as good as new
Simon Crompton of Permanent Style had a related post: Materialism, not consumerism Christmas seems an appropriate time to discuss materialism. It is fashionable to characterise any attachment to material possessions as shallow. Any man interested in clothes knows the feeling of being considered superficial or - perhaps more revealingly - the fear of being considered so. But there is a difference between materialism and consumerism. A love of physical objects does...
To Endeavour above or other SFers who have a Barba, could you post any pics of them while being worn (preferably with tie)? Thanks!
Time to revive this thread! I'm interested in purchasing the Barba below from Shop the Finest: My impression is that the collar band on most shirts from Neapolitan makers are higher than usual, not to Prince of Kent stratospheric levels but similar to this: It's hard to tell the Barba's collar band's rise from the pics on STF, so feedback on this would be helpful. Thanks!
Would you mind sharing the measurements for the length of the points of the spread collars, as well as the height of the collar band? Also, are the sleeves and collars fused or interlined? Thanks
Quote: Originally Posted by SpooPoker That looks like wool, its silk? Quote: Originally Posted by SpooPoker If Tiecrafters says they cant do it, I dont think anyone can.