or Connect

Posts by PCyclone

This is a Thom Browne for Brooks Brothers/Black Fleece crew neck sweater (navy/white/red) in size BB3. I purchased it in 2011 and have worn it only 3-4 times. It turned out to be too short in the body for me, although the sleeves are plenty long. I removed the tag because it was scratchy, but I've included a photo of the original item from the web, plus my own photos. It is in great condition - no marks, holes, stretching, etc. Asking $65, which includes shipping in...
Cool - I'd love to pick up a tan flannel or something heavier next fall...
Just wondering - any thought to carrying some Walts in a light tan wool? Something like the HY ones here? I love the fabric but the Walts fit me a lot better.
The functional buttons are fine for me - I got a 38L and only needed the sleeves lengthened about 1/2", so it was OK. But if I had needed more of an extension, either the tailoring would have been prohibitively expensive or would not have looked good. My problem is that there are five sleeve buttons. I'd prefer four or three. Still, I think it's a good value and I'm very happy with the coat. It has a pretty open weave and is only half-lined, so it should be nice and...
I have a Washington sportcoat in something like a dark/royal blue color. It does have peak lapels but does not have a ticket pocket and is a 2-button not a 3/2. The pockets are patch pockets. The only things I don't like about it are that it has 5 sleeve buttons (working) and the sleeve openings are pretty large - they almost appear to flare from a generally slim sleeve - which I guess is to accommodate French cuffs. But I wouldn't be wearing French cuffs with a fairly...
I bought a nice handmade briefcase from a craftsman in Colombia several months ago, but I haven't used it much yet. I discovered that, when it is a little wet outside, the black color on the various edges of the leather pretty readily rubs off on clothing - obviously not a good thing. The edges seem pretty standard - finished in some sort of smooth resin that's been dyed black. Does anyone know of a product I can apply over the edges to seal them off or otherwise...
I just got my Thick as Thieves tweed suit back from the cleaners, and they pressed the 3-roll-2 lapel to a 3-button - even after I told them to look out for it. Ugh. Is it really safe for me to try to fix this at home? Or should I just bring it back to the cleaners? They typically do a fine job keeping a nice roll, but I am a little worried they will just use brute force and make it worse.
Gray under all dress shirts, including white. White t-shirts reflect light and therefore show through, whereas gray ones are closer to skin tone (Caucasian, at least), doesn't reflect light differently than skin, and therefore don't show through.
Maybe this is a stupid question, but how much can you pull in the waist using the belt in the back? For example, the 38 is 39" around in the chest but still 36" in the waist. Obviously you wouldn't want it totally cinched to something like your pant waist size, but how far down could you go before it would start pulling/bunching in a weird way?
Thanks - appreciate the photos! Looks like the guy was right about leaving a mark (though maybe less so on a newer coat), but it might be worth it. I would imagine it would show up less in charcoal than black or navy, too.