or Connect

Posts by impolyt_one

Bird Land is fun but not exceptional yakitori. It's accessible and the wine list is averagely good. Torizenseo in Azabujuban and Tokyo station is better yakitori, plus a better wine list. There's tons of good ones out there.
FF in a weird color combo? depreciation, much? Saw these two today in Seoul, the way I've been seeing GTO's lately you'd think they grow on trees. Also, can cars get any better sounding than this?!?
Kondo was my first serious tempura experience as well, had been putting tempura like that off since I figured what to expect and that I also knew I'd get about halfway through the meal and wish for something not fried. It wasn't bad in that regard in the end, but the other specialty restaurants do so much more, I agree. I don't know if I'll ever make it to 7chome Kyoboshi now, given all the other places to eat at, and especially since they are half or less. I'm already...
Tempura Kondo: 2 star tempura, cheaper end of the spectrum at 8400 yen/head lunch. On the high end of the tempura game, 7Chome Kyoboshi at 3 stars is something like 45,000 yen per head at lunch or dinner, which makes it one of the most expensive meals in Tokyo, so Kondo rates as good cost performance. Tempura is very straightforward and simply delivers ingredients cooked to perfection. The asparagus was revelatory. I had the same large asparagus fried in Kadaif at...
Blu Abu Dhabi is best:
Why do you fuckers hate the dots so much? They're fun.
I like the verde inglese 458, but I'd get that car in blu abu dhabi I think. The other day I saw a 599 GTO at a stoplight, don't know if it was Grigio Ingrid or one of the 1950's colors they offered. This was the only snap I got of it:
I am not sure if they prepared the tomato mille feuille to order, or if it was done ahead of time; in any case, mgm's version looks more carefully prepared and better looking than what was served to me at Robuchon, by Joel Robuchon himself - we had a bit of an imperfection with the virgin mary coulis as you can see, and the mille feuille a bit too pressed down;
Azabu Yukimura (3* Japanese home style food, counter dining, plus pike eel specialty) - was less enthused with this meal. It was a little expensive for the materials used, and nothing was particularly superlative. I had this meal the day before Sushi Yoshitake. Yukimura does a subtle amount more entertaining/hosting than is usual for Japanese chefs at this level, but the experience is standard fare. Pike eel preparation requires a license in Japan, like fugu,...
Here is my meal at Sushi Yoshitake (3* sushi) - this was probably the best meal I've ever had in my life. The whole meal was almost musical; a two-part suite with an adagio movement of sashimi dishes that was casual in pace, a one-plate intermezzo of palate cleanser, and then a quicker allegro movement when he began the edomae nigiri portion of the meal, whereby you eat the nigiri much faster so that the rice doesn't cool too much. There is no dessert; instead, some of...