or Connect

Posts by impolyt_one

$27,000, about 35k mi's on the odo, legally registerable in the US now: http://ucar.carview.yahoo.co.jp/model/bmw/m3/CU0004787621/
E30 M3's are well within legality to import from Europe or Japan now, and maybe even some '89 E34 M5's - why haven't I seen many jumping on this? E30 M3's are all high mileage, multi-owner cars in America going for insane prices now, but you can get some awesomely pristine high-spec dogleg tranny M3's in Japan with like, 30k miles on them for $30k'ish on up.
thank you.. FF - yes, opening a larger gastropub in what might be of the the best locations in the city... perhaps country? really excited as I happened upon the space while out for TOJ work one day and curiosity led me to call the 'to let' sign - price sunk in and it was a really good deal, a woman in my social circles had planned for a restaurant there and then a partner (who was going to engineer the food) bailed on her and so she needed out - so I feel like I slid in...
opening another larger store next month, gonna be busy for some time. After that my only plan to is to keep expanding and making more stores, so yea...
I asked my local Uber friends if I could be the first UberX driver in Seoul, told her I could give the ladies a choice between M3 and M5 pickups. lol. They got some regulatory problems here and can't do UberX.
The FF is too insect-like for my tastes. It's also huge and yet doesn't have a 'wow look at that Ferrari' presence about it. My wagon love has been waning lately. I think it depends on the city where you live, the surrounding cars, the architecture and roads that frame them, and your station in life (it's more romantic to have a hi-perf wagon when you are a family man and like utility plus the cachet) - and we're not talking regular forest green over beige 520d and E500...
Bought an E39 M5. Probably sell the E92. i love the M3 but i feel kinda stupid just clicking the DCT back and forth and zooming around, the capabilities of the car are amazing but there's a disconnect and I wish it were lighter, given it's size. i will experiment with the M5 and see how I like living with it. I am expecting near E92 M3-like power delivery except with a manual, and then the packaging that I'm used to in an older 5er with the traditional BMW interior. ...
The 1M is stupid looking in all respects, though. Even worse is when one finds me on the street and proceeds to embarrass themselves by trying to impress me with their fake M car and inevitable douchebag driving. Has happened at least 5 times in the short time I've had the M.
^ true, I always find the E92 hard to photograph. Looks nice in person but the subtle curvatures don't translate in pics, for example, there's a compound concave to convex figuring in the shoulder line from fender to the C pillar and it needs to catch light in order to see it (most evident right below the rearview mirror), but in a photo you'd miss out on the complex curving of the doors below the shoulder. Both of those motifs are new, from E9X and on. BMW C pillars...
I had to drive a visitor back to airport the other day and we were way late, just gambling on his plane ticket at that point - super smooth empty highway and the speed limit was 100kph - I did 200 most of the way. I think that's about a buck twenty five in mph but for the few cars I'd pass it seemed like they were just sitting still in the right lane. haha. Over here they have actual signs warning you of when the speed the traps are coming up, by distance, giving you...