or Connect

Posts by Ruppan

Appreciated. That answer was as definitive as it was concise.
So I just bought this suit: http://www.ebay.com/itm/261268683696?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 and I'm beginning to have doubts. That label model doesn't really go with any of the other Base "S"s that I have or have seen. Can anyone ease my concerns?
I just got the e-mail previewing the suits and jackets. They look amazing. I hate that you just created a need in me that didn't exist 5 minutes ago!
Quote: Originally Posted by aforlano See the dilema? I'll leave the style advise to the more adept, but there is no dilemma. She is not out of your league. I see guys much worse off with very attractive women all the time. Don't be intimidated!
Coming out of lurking and casting another vote for ebay, but there are a few caveats. You have to know your sizes intimately and make sure to buy from a vendor that accepts returns. I've often seen Zegnas and Hickey Freemans go for less than $300 and some of those were new. If this is your only/main suit, I would recommend a solid navy for its versatility.
I must be a weirdo because I use both. I give my face a really quick once-over with the electric before hopping into the shower and then use a blade after the shower. I've used both independently in the past. Electrics never really give me a good shave and blades always irritate my skin. Using the electric first really cuts down on the amount of passes I have to make with the blade, and the blade really cleans up the little spots the electric leaves behind. Since...
Quote: Originally Posted by oroy38 Another MTM company is www.tweed-jacket.com. They specialize in Tweeds, but they now offer worsted wools, but their cuts are more equestrian and classic in nature. Suppressed waist, slightly soft shoulders, and the armholes are about 1/2" shallower. Their suits should be less than $1000 depending on what options you incorporate into your suit and what fabric you choose. It's a very small company, all of the work is...
Try jumping rope. It's a good way to build up your stamina, develops your coordination and it works out more parts of your body then jogging. Buy a good leather rope with ball bearings. Once you've developed your stamina and speed, switch to a weighted rope. With a weighted rope, if any part of my body is sore or tired, you will feel it. Plus, jumping rope is one of the best cardio exercises that you can do. Being so young and thin, you may have trouble putting on...
About 4 months ago, I started a solo practice. I had never really been fat by American standards, but I wasn't anything to behold with my shirt off. I'm about 5'7" and weighed in the high 160s. Starting the business left me really tired everyday, and I knew that I needed more energy. Also, I met a very cute girl whose attention I was trying to get. I started off by doing crunches and pushups at home. The only piece of equipment that I had was the perfect pushup...
Quote: Originally Posted by breakdown But if you don't thin it out or layer it, it'll get too poofy and big. This is the only part with which I disagree. I hate when barbers/stylists try to thin out my hair with the damnable scissors. It leaves my hair frizzy and it doesn't grow back evenly. Besides, isn't thick hair a good thing? I never heard anyone complimented on their thin hair. When I get out of the shower, I comb the hair on the...