or Connect

Posts by PipPip

Congratulations, keep it up (if you need to). I'm down 36 pounds since June 2010 - I now weigh 159 pounds (at 5 foot 8) and down from 36/38 inch waist trousers to 32 inch, which are slightly loose. My chest has remained at 40 inches so the gym work has been useful. Not bad for a 40 year old who works behind a desk 10 to 11 hours a day. I know I've done enough now and just need to maintain as both my wife and my mother have asked me to stop where I am, my blood...
The French don't seem to give a shit about nakedness. In my gym the female cleaner is always in there mopping the floor and tidying up in the middle of naked guys. I also notice that unlike in a British gym where people get their clothes on as soon as possible, French guys just stand about with their balls out having a good old chat. At the ski apartment we stayed at in France last year one of the showers in the public area by the pool had a blacked out door, we realised...
I have tried to get to bed earlier the last couple of nights but just couldn't fall asleep until around midnight anyway. I dont get home from work until 9pm to 9.30pm so to be in bed by 10pm is very challenging. Will have to try harder though as I think its likely to be a big factor. The only option is to try to fall asleep earlier as sleeping later in the morning is not possible as 6.30am every morning my 3 year old daughter decides to wake the household up. I go to a...
Thanks for the replies. I'm 5 foot 8 and just turned 40. Think I'll check with the doctor just in case. I suspect it's a combination of current work stress as it's been a nightmare recently and an undercurrent of stress as my contract in Paris ends in Feb next year and we are not sure what or where next (I'm from UK). Don't think I sleep very well although a mattress and new pillow seemed to help for a while. I normally read until midnight to 1am to unwind from work, I...
Typical day: Breakfast: bowl of swiss muesli with skimmed milk and a multi vitamin tablet Lunch: grilled chicken salad (favourite is a salad consisting of chicken, grated carrot, french beans, coriander, a few peanuts and a handful of noodles). Usually have a small piece of baguette on the side with it and can of diet coke Afternoon snack: 1 banana, 1 apple Evening: handful of almonds when I get in from work. Dinner usually something like a tin of sardines on two...
I've posted on here before about my weight loss. I'm down from about 197 pounds in June to around 162 pounds today. I exercise several times a week and people say I now look great. But here's the issue, I don't feel great. I feel exhausted all the time, like I just want to go to bed, tired to my bones. I struggle through my working day with false smiles and tired eyes and force myself to exercise at the gym using a lot of will power. Its not like its a cold or temporary...
It was heavy enough to start giving me health warning signs at 39 years old - high blood pressure, terrible cholesterol readings, poor liver function test results. Enough said, action was urgently required.
5 foot 8, so its pretty heavy for my height.
I had the suit adjusted and it looks great. The guy was a bit shocked at being asked to take 5 inches off the waist and 4 inches off the girth of the jacket only a few months after delivery! How did I lose the weight? No great secret really, everyone knows this stuff - I ate smaller portions, especially in the evening. I snacked less and if I did snack made sure it was almonds, walnuts or fruit. I ate more good things (fish, veg, salad) and less bad things (carbs and...
Back in June I weighed 89.5kgs, so 197lbs. I was put on blood pressure tablets, told my cholesterol readings were abysmal and referred to a dietician. I've been plodding away eating smaller portions, far fewer carbs and more fish and veg/salad. I set myself a target of 75kgs, or 165lbs by my birthday, 30 October and 72kgs or 159lbs by the end of year So its my big birthday in a few days - my 40th birthday. This morning I weighed myself for the first time in 2...