or Connect

Posts by SuitedNBooted

Dolce and Gabbana main line have some really nice stuff e.g. http://store.dolcegabbana.com/dolce_gabbana/item/tskay/D70EF081/cod10/59122196GU
As far as restaurants go: -Up the street, opposite Dior there is a trendy restaurant where celebrities from the Plaza often go, l'Avenue. Down the street is place de l'Alma: -One of the very best fish restaurant in Paris is Marius et Jeannette. -Don't go to the others, especially not Chez Francis - it's dogfood. But ok for a cup of coffee, looking over at the Eiffel tower. Across the river and towards the Eiffel tower is a newish museum, called 'Musée des arts...
Those Moncler are supernice. They have a great fitted look, always a challenge with down, and they are just the right thickness/warmth for city wear. Myself I wear a mid-thigh Boss Orange down coat, fairly fitted as well. I used to dread cold days, but no more... When it's sub-zero that thing is pure, unalderated bliss..
If you don't wear a suit as part of your regular job/occupation, you don't want to humiliate people who do, especially in a social setting. Either get an expensive but ill-fitting suit, or get a cheap well-fitting one, but not both expensive and well-fitting at the same time! I would go for the second option, and save yourself some $$. Zara are hard to beat in terms of cut, and you'll have plenty left over for a nice tie.
The few HB black label dress shoes I have purchased have been unmitigated disasters. Their sizing can be way off, shoes expand by a completely random amount, leather creases badly, ... I've owned 2 pairs of orange label shoes that were brilliant though. If you go with HB then I would suggest their Hugo line, much more modern stylewise and in far better taste. Otherwise why not go to a good department store, they often have smaller/unknown brands that are affordable and...
D&G does make some nasty stuff (and I am customer so I should know). But there is always a healthy percentage of the collection that is really good, and a smaller one that is just smashing. Same with AJ: stay away from the logo-laden t-shirts, and you will find items that everyone will envy you. And it needs to be said: women love a little Italian logo on a guy... let no one deny that
My understanding is that A/X is not run by Armani at all. If you notice, they have their own logo and don't use the eagle at all - presumably they can't. I am willing to bet that Giorgio cringes as much as anyone when viewing Jersey Shore. Another thing: the fashion brands out of Europe are counterfeited in more ways than one. Often the design will be just as fake as the manufacturing, and they will milk the logo for all it's worth. So if you're not a regular customer and...
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackhood 7 for al Mankind are shocking quality with a massive brand name. Its like Armani jeans and True Religion. $50 jeans sold as $300 jeans just because people will buy them. That's not quite true. Armani Jeans will sell their jeans for as little as 90e and as much as 350e, depending on the styling and the fabric. Same goes for Emporio Armani. In fact if you look at the range in the EA online store, you will...
OP, I bought a charcoal Anthony in size 38 for the jacket, and 40 for the pants (I have narrow shoulders). It wasn't a problem at all for the RL salesman, in fact he suggested it himself. Perhaps if you go to one of their stores and ask really politely?
^ And let's face it, those SS uniforms were pretty snazzy...