or Connect

Posts by inimitable

Linen/cotton blends in stripes/mini checks/mini houndstooth would be great
For sale is a gun club sports coat from Raffaele Caruso. Worn literally a handful of times. 2 patch pockets, welt breast pocket. Soft, flannel type hand. Working buttonholes. Side vents and very soft shoulder. 3 r 2. Size is marked 54 Regular, but fits me just like a 42L. Asking £150 plus shipping Shoulder 19.25 Pit to pit 22.5 BOC 32 Sleeve 26.25
For sale is a gun club sports coat from Raffaele Caruso. Worn literally a handful of times. 2 patch pockets, welt breast pocket. Soft, flannel type hand. Working buttonholes. Side vents and very soft shoulder. 3 r 2. Size is marked 54 Regular, but fits me just like a 42L. Asking £150 plus shipping Shoulder 19.25 Pit to pit 22.5 BOC 32 Sleeve 26.25
For sale is a NWOT navy DB blazer made in Italy by Corneliani for Ralph Lauren. The size is a 42R Drop 7, but may be suitable for a Long fitting also. 6x2 button configuration, flapped pockets incl ticket pocket. Side vents, very soft shoulders and nice size lapels. Soft flannel-y wool, which I believe is called Doeskin. The buttons have been swapped to brass Polo ones. Just worth noting that a couple of the sleeve buttons were put on a little wonky. I will happily...
You best bet would be to go to the shop and see what looks good on.
Avoid 1 button. 2 or 3 is considered classic. These suits are better, but what is the obsession with 'skinny' fit suits? They are also 50% polyester. You should be looking for 100% wool.
Sorry, I can't advocate buying any of these suits, they are all fashion suits with the most silly cuts. Look how they fit the models.
Im not really sure what the question is here. I will try and simplify this for you with a view to you working in London.Buy either a plain navy or a charcoal grey suit. The links you posted above have aggressively slim lapels. It should be classic in proportion, ideally 2 button with side vents. Buy a couple of shirts - white and blue. French cuff is fine.Buy a pair of plain black oxfords. Buy a couple of ties, a navy with a small pattern (dots perhaps) and another sober...
Hmm, I was only presenting the above as my personal opinion rather than a widely accepted norm. I have shirts both fused an unused including Neapolitan bespoke with fusing that really doesn't work in lightweight cloth like chambray.I figured fusing in the collar band would hold the collar up particularly when worn with a jacket/without a tie, while the unfused, but lined collar leaf would have a nice natural shape to it. I've just ordered a shirt from luxire in this...
This is encouraging to hear, as I am considering exactly the same. It would be great if you could document the process including any pitfalls that can be avoided, or anything that you feel has to be explained in great detail. Of course pictures of your finished product would be great!