or Connect

Posts by inimitable

Sorry, inseam also?
Agreed, this is a fantastic price. Great shoes, I have a pair myself.
Thank you for a concise and helpful answer
My question was regarding the actual process of resoling double sole shoes (if I should need to direct my cobbler for instance). Not to worry, I will ask elsewhere.
Does anyone have experience with the white pique jersey? I'm interested to know the thickness and if it is suitable for a summer shirt? i.e. quite thin and breathable?
Let's be clear, I'm not being cheap. I have sent shoes to the C&J factory before and was not particularly impressed with the results. After a couple of wears, the new sole is indiscernible from a JR sole my local cobbler could fit for a third of the price. One time, they had to be sent back to the factory again after 2 weeks developing a fault on the sole. 6 weeks waiting each time .
Can anyone provide advice with resoling double soles shoes? My two pairs of Cordovan RL x C&J will need repairing shortly. When they are resoled, should the cobbler replace both layers of sole, or just replace the outer layer? I'm concerned if I take it to a local cobbler that doesn't know what they are doing, they will take off both layers and replace with a single sole. Obviously I could take them to C&J but the price difference is £150 vs £50 and my preference...
Cedar shoe trees. But seriously, these are trainers, so are not going to last you a particularly long time. Not a wise investment in my opinion.
Any recommendations for a relatively affordable fabric for a first order? Looking for something versatile that could be worn casually if the sizing ends up a little off. Interested if anyone has experience with the white pique for a polo shirt made-up with a dress shirt collar?