or Connect

Posts by inimitable

Hmm, I was only presenting the above as my personal opinion rather than a widely accepted norm. I have shirts both fused an unused including Neapolitan bespoke with fusing that really doesn't work in lightweight cloth like chambray.I figured fusing in the collar band would hold the collar up particularly when worn with a jacket/without a tie, while the unfused, but lined collar leaf would have a nice natural shape to it. I've just ordered a shirt from luxire in this...
This is encouraging to hear, as I am considering exactly the same. It would be great if you could document the process including any pitfalls that can be avoided, or anything that you feel has to be explained in great detail. Of course pictures of your finished product would be great!
Fused neckband and a lined collar. Thickness of lining dependent on fabric choice. A thick oxford could probably be unlined, while a thinner fabric should have some body to it, unless you like it floppy.
This would be good to see. Surely quite easy, no? - regular button down with 4" points?
Yes, worrying too much
Your insight is invaluable. I'd like to ask another question that has been on my mind relating to the lifespan of a pair of shoes, you may know the answer or at least have an idea.A pair of shoes can be rewelted a finite number of times (I understand around 4 times or as long as the uppers hold up) and each welt can take a finite number of resoles (2 -3 on average?). Why does a typical Northampton manufacturer insist on replacing the welt each time they perform a resole?...
Yup. Also, single vented suit
Yes, quite. I think I need to find a new cobbler. Will most likely be sending any other shoes back to the manufacturer where possible. Thanks anyway.
Thank you for your reply, I hope the following photos illustrate what I am trying to get at. The welt is definitely dry, I can pick it apart with my nails.I should probably have sent them back to the manufacturer for the repair work, but I go through my soles relatively quickly and find it hard to stomach £120 each time.Finding a quality cobbler in London seems to be rather difficult. I was quoted £60 to rewelt and £90 for a resole. Total £150 ($230). This is more than...
I've a pair of C&J shoes that had been resoled once (not at the factory). Just took them in for a second resole and was told the welt was very dry. The new sole has been attached, just, but you can clearly see the welt is damaged//disintegrating. As C&J won't take these back for a recraft now (where they would replace the welt) I can only assume they are good for the bin once these soles are worn? Can anyone see a solution?