or Connect

Posts by tweedydon

New, with all tags intact and all pockets still basted shut, this beautiful half-canvassed and fully lined tweed jacket/coat is cut in the manner of a Barbour Border, with two front pockets, two slash handwarmer pockets in front, and a breast pocket. In fact, this is actually superior in design to a Border, since not only does it have the aforementioned breast pocket, but it also features side vents, which make it far more functional (as anyone who's experienced the back...
Here are two TERRIFIC Harris Tweed caps! I bought the first one on Bond Street, London, in 1999, and wore it for about 5 minutes inside, to try it on. The other was a grail hat for me--a charcoal Harris Tweed newsboy with fold-down earflaps. Alas, I realise now that they're both too large for my 7 1/8 head... so they need to find new homes! They are both size L, and both measure 22 1/2" in circumference around the inside of the band. I'm asking $25 each, shipped in CONUS...
Thanks for your interest! The waist measurement--seam to seam across the top of the second button--is 20 1/2".
For the Very Large Trad, this very nice basketweave jacket is half-canvassed and half-lined. It features the ever-desirable patch pockets, as well as suede elbow patches, as shown. It also features a single centre vent, and the classic tweed leather buttons with metal shanks. Judging by the interior label this was made in the USA. It could use a dry-clean to freshen it up, and for the reason alone is in Very Good condition. Asking just $35, shipped in CONUS--a steal for...
I'm culling my closets, and since I didn't even know I had these it's time they found new homes.... hence the very low prices! 1) SOLD 11D Allen Edmonds "MIllbridge" boat shoes. In Very Good/Excellent condition with little (but some) wear to the uppers, insoles, and soles. Asking just $30 > 25 shipped in CONUS, with lower offers very welcome! 2) 11US Dr. Martens black shoes. In Very Good/Excellent condition with little (but some) wear to the uppers,...
The 50/50 wool/lambswool tweed of this lovely birdseye jacket gives it a wonderful drape! It's half-canvassed and fully lined, and features a center vent. It was Made in the USA, and is in excellent condition; the outer breast pocket is still basted shut. Asking just $30 > 25 > 22 > 20CONUS, or offer. International inquiries welcome, with shipping at cost. Tagged a 42L, but please see Measurements: Chest: 21 1/2 Sleeve: 25 1/2 (+1 1/4) Shoulder: 19 3/4 Length: 31...
The 50/50 wool/lambswool tweed of this lovely birdseye jacket gives it a wonderful drape! It's half-canvassed and fully lined, and features a center vent. It was Made in the USA, and is in excellent condition; the outer breast pocket is still basted shut. Asking just $30 CONUS, or offer. International inquiries welcome, with shipping at cost. Tagged a 42L, but please see Measurements: Chest: 21 1/2 Sleeve: 25 1/2 (+1 1/4) Shoulder: 19 3/4 Length: 31 1/4
In addition to this and other individually listed jackets, I also currently have a TWEED MEGATHREAD posted--with sizes from 36 to 46! This is a terrific jacket! Finished on the 25th October, 1965, this is a classic and increasingly rare trad three-button jacket, which boasts patch pockets and the tradly two-button cuff. It's a lovely earthy shade of brown--my pictures don't do it justice at all--and is half-canvassed with a half-lining. It was originally sold at a men's...
Another lovely Harris Tweed, this is a complex weave that subtly combines vertical bars of herringbone and basketweave, together with the classic Harris striping of rose pink, morningsky blue, and dark tan. This jacket is half-canvassed and fully lined, and has a single vent. It also features the classic Harris Tweed leather-covered, metal shanked buttons. This jacket was Made in the USA, and is in excellent condition. Asking just $40 > 35, shipped in CONUS, or lower...
Another lovely Harris Tweed, this is a complex weave that subtly combines vertical bars of herringbone and basketweave, together with the classic Harris striping of rose pink, morningsky blue, and dark tan. This jacket is half-canvassed and fully lined, and has a single vent. It also features the classic Harris Tweed leather-covered, metal shanked buttons. This jacket was Made in the USA, and is in excellent condition. Asking just $40, shipped in CONUS, or lower offer....