or Connect

Posts by tweedydon

AThis lovely classic Donegal Tweed jacket in the classic Donegal pepper-and-salt tweed, flecked with gorse yellow and autumn red, was made from cloth woven in Co. Donegal by Michael O'Boule, whose signature appears on the interior label. Unlike many "Donegal tweeds" sold today, this is the real deal--a tweed that was woven by hand in Donegal, Ireland. The Weavers of Donegal by Bridget Haggerty Earthy browns of turf and moorland. Gold of gorse and wheaten...
his is absolutely perfect for Fall--a lovely rich brown herringbone Harris Tweed jacket! Made in the USA, this jacket is half-canvassed and half-lined with a center vent. It features traditional leather-covered and metal shanked buttons. It's in excellent condition. If you don't have this wardrobe staple yet, you should certainly buy this one! Asking just $40, or offer, shipped in CONUS. International inquiries are welcome, with shipping at cost! Measurements: Chest:...
This lovely tie by Cape Cod Neckwear is perfect for the remaining weeks of summer! In excellent condition, and asking a paltry $12, or offer, shipped in CONUS. Made in the country where Chinese food is just called "food".
I have some lovely preppy/Ivy/trad shirts to pass on today, including a lovely madras in a rare pattern, from Ralph Lauren, J. Mclaughlin, and Land's End. As always, all prices include shipping in CONUS; International inquiries are welcome, with shipping at cost. OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME! 1) Sz. M RARE pattern madras from Ralph Lauren. This is a lovely shirt, in a rather rare madras with a significant expanse of solid colour. Made in the USA and in excellent condition....
I very rarely see Harris Tweed vests/waistcoats, and have been looking for one in my size for ages... and this just misses! It's a lovely versatile herringbone with a very subtle vertical stripe, which I've tried to show in my close-up taken with a flash. The two front pockets are fully functional, and the buttons are the classic leather-covered, metal-shanked buttons for tweed. It also features a back adjuster. This tweed is in absolutely excellent condition! Tagged a...
A great wardrobe staple, this lovely pinstripe suit is probably unworn, as the front pockets are both still basted shut! It's half-canvassed and fully lined, and is a standard two-button suit with subtle darting. Made in the USA by hart, Schaffner and Marx for their Premium Classics line it has a single vent. The trousers are pleated, uncuffed, and have belt loops. This is a very nice everyday suit in excellent condition, and a steal at just asking $45 shipped in CONUS,...
his is a beautiful, fully canvassed classic Ivy suit in versatile grey pinstripe made by H. Freeman in Philadelphia for the The English Shop of Princeton--the now defunct competitor to Langrock. (Also now defunct!) This suit is a wonderful high-rolled 3/2.5 sack, which has a wonderful and subtle lapel roll. It's fully canvassed and half-lined, and has a single vent. The trousers are flat-front, cuffed, and have a watch pocket and belt loops. This suit is in excellent...
n Ivy summer classic, this half-canvassed suit was Made in the USA by Haspel. Endorsed by Giuseppe of An Affordable Wardrobe, these wash-and-wear suits (or, dry clean and wear, as I would recommend!) are terrific for the summer. They're also the only suits apart from tweeds that I'm happy wearing as odd jacket and odd trousers, as they both happily pass in this role. This suit is in light olive, and is a standard darted, two-button model. It's half-lined and has a center...
his is an absolutely beautiful, classic fully canvassed 3/2 sack suit in a navy pinstripe--the breast pocket is still basted shut! This was made in Philadelphia by H. Freeman & Sons of Philadelphia for the now-defunct Ivy League store The English Shop of Princeton. A wardrobe staple, this beautiful suit is half-lined, and has a single vent. The trousers are flat-front, cuffed, and have a watch pocket. They have belt loops, and interior buttons also for suspenders--as these...
A very nice selection!