or Connect

Posts by tweedydon

I have a slew of things to list in the next few days--including a Chipp peak-lapel tuxedo with a striking lining, some beautiful vintage Brooks Brothers formalwear, tartan holiday jackets and trousers, a Full Norfolk jacket, lots of tweeds, some suits, and some wonderful Scottish and English sweaters!--so I need to make room! ALL OFFERS VERY WELCOME! International inquiries welcome, with shipping at cost. 1) Stanley Blacker, three patch-and-bellows pockets A...
This is a very sturdy cord jacket! Made in Spain, this features wooden buttons at the front and the cuffs and leather trim on the front pockets. It's fully lined, and has a single vent. Packed with quirky charm, this jacket is perfect for the crisp weekends of Fall, Winter, and Spring. It does have a small "rub" mark under the pocket on the right hand side, and could use a press, so is in Very Good condition, hence... ...asking just $25 boxed and shipped in CONUS, or...
Possibly UNWORN (the front pockets are still basted shut), this lovely half-canvassed jacket from Boss (made for Saks) is cut from Loro Piana cashmere/wool (15/85) fabric which has a wonderful hand and drapes beautifully. The pattern is lovely, to--a wonderful dark, muted glen plaid that's perfect for winter. This jacket is fully lined, is unvented in Flusser-approved style, and was Union-Made in the USA. It is, obviously, in excellent condition, as it is possibly...
It really doesn't get much more Ivy than this! A beautiful classic camelhair-colored topcoat (there's no fabric content listed, but I believe this to be wool, rather than camelhair--although it might well be), this is simply packed with tradly details. It has the ever-desirable patch pockets which here are outlined in pick stitching, pick stitching along the collars and the cuffs, and also along the front seams, it's fully lined, and has a hook vent. The two front pockets...
SOLD
Made in England, this beautiful dark charcoal sweater by Drake's for Barney's of New York is utterly decadent and luxurious! I honestly didn't understand the fascination with upper-end sweaters until I found this--and now I understand it completely! Gossamer light and beautifully soft, this is one wonderful sweater. The colour is shown best on the neck shots--it's a lovely, rich, dark, charcoal. It's in absolutely excellent condition. There's no size tag, but it appears...
SOLD
A lovely, classic half-canvassed Harris Tweed cut from brown herringbone cloth shot through with vertical striping in chestnut and the blue of a Scottish midsummer sky, this jacket is half-lined and features a center vent. It was Made in the USA. Slightly rumpled from storage, with a press this would be in excellent condition.... But, as it is, I'll rate it as Very Good/Excellent! This would make a terrific go-to tweed jacket, perfect for the colder months! Asking just...
This is a beauty! Half-canvassed and cut from beautiful rich, dark charcoal camelhair and featuring what I believe to be horn buttons throughout, this wonderful double-breasted, peak-lapeled blazer is fully lined and features a single vent. It was built by Barrister's for the Ivy/Trad store Wallach's--now sadly departed this retail life. It has a single-button closure at the front, and features four cuff buttons on each cuff--which I believe to be cut from natural...
This half-canvassed, half-lined 3/2 tweed sack is a beauty! Featuring the ever-desirable patch pockets, this is cut from a beautiful rich chestnut brown herringbone tweed, which is perfectly complemented by the original (and now incredibly rare) complete set of embossed leather buttons featuring Brooks' "Golden Fleece" logo. (The colour of the tweed and the condition of the buttons are bests een in teh close-up of the sleeve cuff.) These buttons are striking, both in...