or Connect

Posts by tweedydon

This is a lovely half-canvassed hopsack blazer from (the now gone) H. Ballot of Princeton--one of the "Big Four" menswear retailers that also included Langrock (gone), The English Shop (gone), and Hilton (still going-hurrah!) Cut as a traditional 3/2 sack, this features two front patch pockets, the classic two button cuffs, and a single hook vent. It was, of course, Made in the USA. Perfect for warmer weather, this is half-lined. It does have a couple of minor flaws;...
A TRAD CLASSIC! Cut from a beautful slate blue-grey midweight cloth with very subtle cream and blue pinstriping (so subtle, in fact, that the blue can hardly be seen at all except in bright sunlight), my pictures really don't do this wonderful suit justice. Made by H. Freeman of Philadelphia--not to be confused with the lesser Hickey Freeman--this is a traditional 3/2 sack suit with a wonderful lapel roll. It's the classic "Naturalaire" model, and has a very natural...
aLL REMAINING TWEEDS MOVED TO INDIVIDUAL THREADS--OR NEW CLEARANCE THREAD--WITH PRICE DROPS ON EACH!
A very nice Harris tweed in rustic brown, slate, black, and cream basketweave, with occasional (and classically Harris!) flacks of pumpkin orange, scarlet, and blue. This is half-canvassed and half-lined. It features a center vent, and has the traditional football buttons in complementary brown. It was Made in the USA, and is in excellent condition. Asking just $27 > 24, or offer, shipped in CONUS. Tagged a 42L, but please see: Measurements: Chest: 21 Sleeve: 25...
A very nice Harris tweed in a rather unusual fabric--a rustic brown basketweave with very, very subtle vertical striping in slate grey, so subtle, iin fact, that it's hard to see except on close examination, and utterly impossible for me to capture on film (or in pixels). This jacket appears to be half-canvassed, and is half-lined with a single vent. It was Made in the USA, and originally sold at The Hub men's store in Virginia. It is missing a front button, but I'l...
I've been looking for precisely this tweed for years now, and so I was extremely disappointed when I realized that no amount of tailoring would make this fit... This is a beautiful jacket, made for Kevin & Howlin, the premier retailers of Donegal tweeds in Dublin. And this is an absolutely classic Donegal tweed--bursting with rough hewn nubby texture in a beautiful black pepper and dark cream Donegal weave. It's also half-canvassed and fully lined, features slanted...
SOLD
SOLD
LUXURIOUS TIES & BOWTIES! I have a slew of decadent ties and bows to pass on today! All are in absolutely excellent condition, unless otherwise noted. ALL PRICES INCLUDE SHIPPING IN CONUS; International inquiries are welcome, with shipping at cost. All purchases totaling over $100 will be sent insured at no extra cost. OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME! Please PM with interest and offers! GROUP 1: Hermes a) SOLD Umbrellas! A wonderful, whimsical tie--I love this, and...
NO 4 IS STILL AVAILABLE!! No. 4 is still available! I have almost a dozen exquisite pocket squares to pass on today! These little pieces of beauty are all in absolutely excellent condition, having been used very sparingly indeed, if at all. ALL PRICES INCLUDE CAREFUL SHIPPING IN CONUS with delivery confirmation. As always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME! Please PM with interest and offers! 1) SOLD Small navy blue square This is an exquisite smaller silk...