or Connect

Posts by tweedydon

TWO EXOTIC VINTAGE TIES! THE COLOURS IN BOTH ARE RICH AND DEEP--SEE THE CLOSE-UPS! Both of these are utterly wearable, and neither is in any need of babying! They're both in excellent condition... and you're not likely to see their like again, so grab 'em now you can! 1) Sulka. A beautiful, Van Gogh-style Sulka; unmistakely vintage, but still utterly classic, and so not in the slightest bit out of place today! $20 > 18, boxed and shipped in CONUS, or...
IVY TIES! REMAINING 8 TIES FOR $20 CONUS!! ALL PRICES INCLUDE SHIPPING IN CONUS. International inquiries are welcome, with shipping at cost. OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME, ESPECIALlY ON TWO OR MORE TIES! Please PM with interest and offers! Group 1: Bowties 1) Made in England. Silk, good condition. $8 SOLD 2) Made in USA of italian silk. Very Good condition. $9 SOLD 3) RL silk. Very Good/Excellent condition. $10 SOLD 4) Invizo silk blackwatch straight bow....
CLASSIC BLAZER MEGATHREAD! I have a slew of classic--in some cases, iconic!--trad/Ivy blazers to pass on today! I suspect none will ever be your "best" blazer... But they might well turn out to be your "go to" blazer! ALL PRICES INCLUDE SHIPPING IN CONUS! International inquiries are welcome, with shipping at cost. ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME! NB: All blazers are classic navy; colours are shown most accurately in the pictures of the cuffs. 1) Fine Threads Navy...
SOLD
SOLD
SOLD
COUNTRY TWEED WITH BELLOWS POCKETS! This is a lovely, smaller half-canvassed country tweed in a beautiful chestnut and slate grey herringbone; the colours of this tweed are both richer and more subtle than my pictures show. This is very well built, featuring two front bellows (and not just patch, great as patch pockets are!) pockets, a very nice centered hook vent, and lapped seams along both the center back and down the sleeves. It is also fully lined, and was Union...
GRAIL!! SUPERB & RARE Genuine Austrian Loden 3/2 sack! This is SUPERB! Cut from beautiful and hardwearing genuine Austrian Loden cloth (80% schurwolle and 20% alpaca) from Baur-Loden, who have been making loden cloth in the Tirol since 1814. Made in the classic and traditional Loden green, this is a beautiful 3/2 sack from Huntington with all the the trad/Ivy desiderata that one could possibly hope for: A beautiful lapel roll, lapped seams along both the center...
J. Press Donegal Mist Tweed! Donegal Mist Tweed is J. Press' "Flagship" tweed, used for their best tweed jackets; a wonderful, soft yet sturdy mixture of Donegal wool, kid mohair, and cashmere, with the individual weaver who made the cloth proudly signing each jacket's interior label. And this jacket is an absolutely beautiful example of this. The cloth is beautiful; a wonderful glen plaid in shades of autumnal bracken, slate grey, and mid-blue taht was woven by...
I have reluctantly to admit that my simian arms preclude this from fitting me well, which is why I wore it precisely once... and the chap who bought it new wore it very sparingly, too, so this is going to be a great bargain for someone! You're all familiar with Filson's quality, so I won't belabour that, but I will note that this WAS MADE IN THE USA, since Filson now seem to be offshoring many of their products. This jacket is also beautifully warm, and classically...