or Connect

Posts by tweedydon

You know what this is--the old-school, Made in Norway LL Bean Norwegian sweater. This one is in absolutely excellent condition--it even has its original fold lines, as it was bought, stored, and never worn! And the colourway of this makes it perfect for those cooler Spring days. Asking just $35, OR OFFER, boxed and shipped in CONUS. Tagged a Medium, this measures c. 21 1/2 across the chest, c. 34 1/2 from the middle of the neck to the cuff, and c. 25 from the BOC to the...
Fully canvassed and fully lined, this beautiful jacket from the utterly Ivy tailoring firm of Chipp, NYC is simply perfect for Spring! For those unfamiliar with Chipp, here's a rather nice story from their blog, to give you some idea of the quality of their work: How To Impress Your Customers Saturday, November 21st, 2009 http://www.chipp2.com/blog/?m=200911 It was early June. A customer had the final fitting on two custom suits. He told my father he was flying to Paris...
Half-canvassed and fully lined, this beautiful jacket in a lovely classic light brown in the shade of wildflower honey (not hyperbole--have a look at some wildflower honey!) is perfect for Spring. Recently Made in the USA for Brooks Brothers this jacket has a center vent and is in absolutely excellent condition, except that it appears to have some very minor sun fading down the left arm. I only saw this when positioning the jacket to photograph it in direct sunlight, and...
INSANELY RARE TRAD GRAIL! Stunning "Chippworth" by Chipp 3/2 sack jacket I don't use the term "Grail" lightly, but this jacket qualifies as a Grail, in spades. It's an original example of the "Chippworth" line from the utterly Ivy tailoring firm Chipp of New York, which counted Ambassadors and Heads of State among its customers. The "Chippworth" line of menswear was aimed at the Ivy League set; here's the copy from the ad. announcing its unveiling in the Daily...
Still available; moved to consolidated tie thread with a price drop.
TRAD TIES AND BELTS CONSOLIDATION THREAD! All prices include shipping in CONUS; International inquires are welcome, with shipping at cost. ALL OFFERS VERY WELCOME! ALL REMAINING TIES IN BOLD GROUP 1: Recent Luxury Ties 1) Robert Talbott regimental. There is a small and almost unnoticeable shadow blemish on this tie, hence just $9 SOLD 2) Brooks Brothers in crocus purple. A beautiful tie in excellent condition! $20 SOLD 3) Hilditch & Key in...
I think it's clear that austerlitz is an upstanding chap! Also, these boots are a good deal at this price; they routinely go for twice this on eBay, even used (and non-Scots!)
SOLD
PLEASE NOTE UPDATED CHEST MEASUREMENT!!
Half-canvassed and fully lined, this lovely jacket is cut from light- to mid-weight tweed, making it the ideal tweed jacket for Spring, as it can be worn on both cooler and warmer Spring days with ease. The colourway is also perfectly Springlike, being a classic Donegal-esque weave with the very occasional fleck of gorse yellow, cornflower blue, and chestnut. This jacket features a functional ticket pocket--which is still basted shut!--a functional throat latch, and a...