or Connect

Posts by tweedydon

SOLD
Still available, just closed for new arrivals!
Half-canvassed and fully lined, this lovely jacket is cut from Donegal-esque light- to mid-weight tweed, with the classic Donegal colourway of pepper and salt background flecked with gorse yellow, autumn russet, and sky blue. My pictures don't do this beautiful tweed justice at all, but please do check out the close-ups for an idea of its subtle beauty! This jacket also features the always-desirable and increasingly rare THREE patch pockets, a fully functional and...
Remaining caps are still available; this has been closed to make way for new arrivals!
A great example of that Ivy/Trad summer classic, the hopsack 3/2 sack navy blazer, this lovely jacket is half-lined and half-canvassed. It has a single vent, and features the ever-desirable patch pockets. It also has the classic two-button cuffs and natural shoulders. It was, of course, Union-Made in the USA. It's in excellent condition. Asking just $40, or offer, boxed and shipped in CONUS. Tagged a 46, but remember this is a vintage piece and so runs smaller: Chest:...
BALLOT of PRINCETON 3/2 SUMMER SACK SUIT This is that Ivy rarity--a classic 1960s Wash-and-Wear 3/2 sack suit in absolutely, possibly unworn, excellent condition! Cut from a striking yet versatile glen plaid with the classic black and cream colourway with a burgundy overcheck, this suit was Union-Made in the USA by Danton's, expressly for Harry Ballot--one of the Big Four Ivy clothiers of Princeton in the Golden Age of the "Ivy League" look, of which only Hilton...
STUNNING DUSTY-PINK 3/2 SACK BLAZER! Featuring full canvassing, patch pockets, two button cuffs, hook vent, and more! This is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL, and since you're not likely to find another one like it I suggest you grab it--and grab it quickly!--if it's in your size! The colour is the first and most striking thing about this jacket: A wonderful, versatile shade dusty salmon-pink, this is perhaps THE perfect Ivy/preppy shade of pink for men. If this could ever be...
SOLD
Free range humanely slaughtered chickens can fetch $30 each??? I'm going to have to reconsider my decision not to raise free-range meat birds.....! (Seriously.)
When Gant recently announced in The New York Times style blog that they would be returning to their "preppy, Yalie" roots and opening a store in New Haven, I assume that they were talking about making jackets like this one again... Gant and preppiness: http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/11/09/gant-brings-back-that-yalie-preppy-look/?src=twt&twt=nytimesstyle# Half-canvassed and fully lined, this is a wonderfully hard-wearing hopsack weave in classic navy blue....