or Connect

Posts by tweedydon

This is NOT one of the "modern" Barbours, with their lint-attracting peachfuzz "Sylkoil" finish, obnoxious embroidered logos, and fashion-forward "branding".... This is a Barbour that dates from when Barbours were made properly, in England, and were sold primarily as solid workwear to the country set, all the way from landowning Royalty down to locals who worked as beaters on their estates. This jacket is thus finished in the original matt wax finish that made Barbour...
The engine-turned sterling silver belt buckle with a rectangle for engraving your initials is a staple of the Ivy wardrobe, with the classic (and expensive!) examples being made by Tiffany's and Brooks Brothers. This is a fully functional, inexpensive alternative that would fit a 1" belt. Made by Anson, this is sterling silver, and in excellent condition, with minor surface patina on the interior, as shown. It is 1 5/8" long by 1" wide, and weighs 0.4oz. Asking just $39,...
The IVY SHOE MEGATHREAD! LOTS OF SHELL CORDOVAN! Florsheim Imperials, Hanover, Allen Edmonds, and more! As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING IN THE USA; International inquiries are welcome, with shipping at reduced cost. Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME! Please PM with interest and offers! 1) GORGEOUS Shell Cordovan Taylor-Made Imperials. These are absolutely beautiful shoe, with a richness and depth to the lovely dark chestnut shell leather. They have a...
PLEASE NOTE THE ABSENCE OF PICTURES IS A CURRENT PROBLEM WITH PHOTOBUCKET, NOT ME![ Prom. season is just around the corner... and why rent when you can own your own classic tux for less than the price of a rental? As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING in the USA; International inquires are welcome, with shipping at cost. Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME! Please PM with interest and offers! 1) TRAD GRAIL! Chipp Tuxedo. This is absolutely...
Thanks for mentioning my outerwear thread--mention razl's excellent thread here for 10% off... in addition to anything you get off by making me an offer, which are ALWAYS welcome!
THank you, Razl!
Thank you!!
I have four lovely pairs of eyeglasses to pass on today on behalf of another member, who's been very patient in waiting for them to appear! All are in excellent condition unless otherwise noted. As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING in the USA; International inquiries are welcome, with shipping at cost. Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME! Please PM with interest and offers! 1) Oliver Peoples glasses. Blonde, and beautiful--just like Rita Hayworth!...
I have a lot of beautiful pocket squares to pass on today--many are wonderful, rare, vintage squares, with some current ones mixed in. I also have several bowties! As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING in the USA; International inquiries welcome, with shipping at cost! Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME, especially on three or more items! Please PM with interest and offers! 1) Polo by Ralph Lauren. Hand made in Italy. Horses heads on a...
I have a lot of beautiful pocket squares to pass on today--many and wonderful, rare, vintage squares, with some current ones mixed in. I also have several bowties! As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING in the USA; International inquiries welcome, with shipping at cost! Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME, especially on three or more items! Please PM with interest and offers! 1) Polo by Ralph Lauren. Hand made in Italy. Horses heads on a lovely...