or Connect

Posts by tweedydon

This is absolutely wonderful--a J. Press 3/2 sack tweed stroller! The "stroller"--a jacket with matching waistcoat, but with no matching trousers--has by now almost vanished from American wardrobes, but it still has its devotees can can still be purchased from some of the few remaining bastions of true Ivy style, such as, of course, J. Press. And this is an absolutely lovely example. Cut as a traditional 3/2 sack, the colourway and patterning of the tweed is a wonderful...
As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING IN THE USA; International inquiries are welcome, with shipping at cost! Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME! Please PM with interest and offers![/B 1) Size M Forest Green Field Jacket. Introduced in 1924, the Field Coat by L.L. Bean was originally designed for hunting, but its extreme versatility quickly took it out of the woods, and it's just as likely to be seen on the streets of the Upper East Side or Boston...
15% off ANYTHING for sale on Amazon! I'm delighted to offer my fellow members the opportunity to secure 15% off the total cost (price + shipping) of anything for sale on Amazon, shipped directly to your door from the Amazon seller! Please PM me for details!
As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING IN THE USA; International inquiries are welcome, with shipping at cost! Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME! Please PM with interest and offers! 1) BEAUTIFUL Anglophile Guncheck, Made in France by Korn of Paris! This is absolutely exquisite! Made in France by Korn of Paris, this is fully canvassed and fully lined, and exemplifies the French love of the upper-class English country look. (The Bon Chic Bon...
I have two classic hats to pass on today--an Akubra "Down Under" hat, and a Made in the USA fedora. Please PM with interest and offers! 1) SOLD Akubra "Down Under" hat. This is lovely, and if it was smaller it wouldn't be here as I'd keep it. It was, of course, Made in Australia; it's slightly dusty from storage--nothing a good shake wouldn't cure--and so is in Very Good/Excellent condition. Size 61. Asking just $45, or offer, shipped in the USA. 2) Made in...
SOLD
TWEEDS, BLAZERS, PLAIDS, TARTANS! An Ivy classic for winter in general and the holiday season in particular, tartan and plaid jackets are a classic piece of Americana.... and I have several beautiful examples to pass along today! As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING IN THE USA; International inquiries are welcome, with shipping at cost! Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME! Please PM with interest and offers! 1) CLASSIC Blackwatch Jacket by...
SOLD
EXQUISITE ENGLISH HACKING JACKET IN TARTAN HARRIS TWEED! Beautiful, classic, sturdy--and exceptionally rare! This is absolutely exquisite! Tartan Harris Tweed is very, very rare, and when done well--as here--is among some of the most beautiful tweed you'll ever see. This jacket is most definitely one of the loveliest and rarest Harris Tweeds I've seen; its closest rival was an absolutely stunning hacking jacket in Macleod tartan made by Bookster. It is, of course,...
SOLD--heading to John Morgan's Archives!