or Connect

Posts by tweedydon

TWEEDYDON'S MASSIVE SCARF MEGATHREAD OF 2015! I'm delighted to announce my annual post-Thanksgiving scarf megathread--bigger than ever before, with over 70 scarves up for grabs! As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING; International inquiries are very welcome, with shipping at cost. Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME--especially on two or more scarves! Please PM with interest and offers! GROUP A 1) Polo lambswool scarf. Made in Italy....
I have several functional pieces of outerwear to pass on today! As always, I OFFER FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING IN THE CONUS; International inquiries are welcome, with shipping at cost. Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME! Please PM with interest and offers! 1) Triple Goose Down Jacket--80% duck feathers, 20% other waterfowl. SOLD A very warm and lightweight jacket, this is filled with waterfowl feathers, 80% of which are duck, 20% other waterfowl. (Penguins,...
BOTH SOLD
VINTAGE TWEED SHOOTING JACKET Made for Mullin's of Wilmington This is a lovely example of a tweed shooting jacket! Cut from classic brown and cream herringbone tweed, this shooting jacket--which from it heft is clearly intended to be outerwear--has all of the features that you'd want in a functional utility jacket; this was clearly designed for use, not for merely looking the part. It is, first, cut from a beautifully sturdy and classic brown herringbone tweed. It...
BEAUTIFUL AND RARE LODEN JACKET! Made in Austria Loden cloth originated in the Austrian Tyrol, where it quickly became a favourite with hunters, shepherds, and others who spent a lot of time outdoors, owing to its water-resistant properties and the high degree of warmth that it gives relative to its weight. The fabric is produced from the coarse wool of Alpine mountain sheep which has a natural short pile; this is woven into a loose cloth which is then...
The velvet collared Chesterfield topcoat has long been a staple of the classic wardrobe, and this is a lovely example. Cut from mid-grey herringbone cloth that was woven by Moorhouse and Brook in Huddersfield, England--at the heart of the traditional Yorkshire woollen industry--this is a lovely classic Chesterfield, with the traditional black velvet collar. It is half-canvassed and fully lined. It features a three-button front with a concealed placket, and three button...
I've consolidated several of my jacket threads into this one, for ease of browsing--many jackets are now reduced! As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING IN THE USA; International inquiries are welcome, with shipping at cost! Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME! Please PM with interest and offers! 1) Lovely British Guncheck, Made in the UK. This is a lovely, classic English jacket! Made in the UK, this is a traditional guncheck in a medley of bracken,...
SOLD
STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL ALPACUNA POLO COAT! Made c.1946 - 1948. This is absolutely gorgeous--and a VERY serious coat indeed; I suspect that this beauty weighs in excess of 8lbs! This is absolutely certain to keep you warm even on the coldest of winter days! This is a truly wonderful coat.... Not the least because of its history. "Alpacuna" was a cloth developed by Jacob Siegel Co. of Philadelphia; it featured a combination of at least 50% alpaca, blended with...
ICONIC POLO COATS! From Hickey-Freeman and Pendleton! Not surprisingly, the Polo coat owes its name to the camelhair coats worn by Polo players between chukkas.... and as such it was originally an English, rather than an American, garment. But the English Polo had only a distant resemblance to what would quickly become an American style icon. They often lacked any form of buttoning, closing only with a belt, and were essentially glorified bathrobes..... which was...