or Connect

Posts by tweedydon

With Part I in the other thread, this could be the largest jacket megathread ever on SF, with over 50 wonderful jackets from both luxury houses and classic Ivy clothiers, including Oxxford, Corneliani, H. Freeman, The English Shop of Princeton, Brooks Brothers, and more, in Donegal Tweed, Harris Tweed, Pure Cashmere, Cashmere blends, and other fabrics, with blazers, tweeds, and shooting jackets all represented! As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING IN THE US;...
With Part II in the other thread, this could be the largest jacket megathread ever on SF, with over 50 wonderful jackets from both luxury houses and classic Ivy clothiers, including Oxxford, Corneliani, H. Freeman, The English Shop of Princeton, Brooks Brothers, and more, in Donegal Tweed, Harris Tweed, Pure Cashmere, Cashmere blends, and other fabrics, with blazers, tweeds, and shooting jackets all represented! As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING IN THE US;...
This is EXCEPTIONALLY rare, and comes with a wonderful provenance! This was custom made by J. Press for Watson Blair, Jr., and finished on July 25th, 1937. I know little of Blair Jr., but his parents were Chicago socialites, mentioned in gossip columns from the early two decades of the C20th. Watson Jr. was thus clearly no stranger to money, and also no stranger to good clothing; this is a lovely 3/2 sack, and although there is no fabric content it is clearly very, very...
This is exceptionally rare--it's the only leather blazer that I've ever seen from Gieves and Hawkes of No. 1 Savile Row, London, the firm that's been supplying the Royal Navy with their blazers since 1700. And whee do you buy your balzer from when at G&H? The Blazer Room, of course! This jacket shows just how much Gieves and Hawkes know about tailoring blazers. Forget any preconceptions you might have about such a garment--this is beautiful! Cut from buttery soft and...
This is absolutely beautiful! Cut from very high quality moleskin in a lovely and subdued lichen grey-green, this beautiful, functional jacket has everything that you could want in a sporting jacket. Half-canvassed and fully lined, it has a fixed half-belt at the back covering the back darting that provides further shape and flexibility. It also features a yoke across the shoulders at the back. It has a three button front closure with subtle darts, and a fully functional...
I have some wonderful Fall tweed to pass on today, including a beautiful Donegal Mist, some wonderful Harris Tweed, and a lovely gem of a 3/2 sack tweed from 1958! As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING IN THE US; International inquiries are welcome, with reduced shipping! Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME! Please PM with interest and offers! 1) GORGEOUS Harris Tweed! SOLD This is wonderful! At first sight this presents as a classic charcoal...
This is absolutely stunning! Cut from beautifully light Super 120's Extrafine Merino wool this wonderful jacket has all of the details that you'd expect from Corneliani. It is fully canvassed, and fully lined. It features an abundance of hand-finished pick stitching on the pockets, the placket, the lapels, and the interior lining seams. It is a contemporary two button jacket with a lovely and elegant lapel roll, and features a twin vent. It was, of course, Made in...
TAKE ALL 8 BOW TIES FOR $30 CONUS! I have several lovely vintage bowties to offer today, in silk and wool challis! As always, I OFFER FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING IN THE US; International inquiries are welcome, with reduced shipping. Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME, especially on two or more ties! Please PM with interest and offers! 1. No fabric content or maker, but clearly silk. Vintage. In Very Good condition. $9. 2. No fabric content or maker,...
ALL OF THESE TIES ARE NOW $5 EACH, OR 10 TIES FOR $20! As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING WITHIN THE CONUS; International inquiries are also welcome! As always, LOWER OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME ON EVERYTHING, especially on three or more ties! GROUP B 12) SOLD J. Press tie for Yale's The Fence Club, which closed in 1979. See the article...
I have a whole load of wonderful ties to pass along today, from some of the most august brands in both the Trad world and the luxury canon. As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING in the CONUS; International inquires are welcome, with shipping at reduced cost. Also as always ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME, especially on two or more ties! Please PM with interest and offers! ALL TIES ARE IN EXCELLENT CONDITION UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED! GROUP 1: REGIMENTALS 1....