or Connect

Posts by tweedydon

SOLD
THE Ivy summer footwear, white bucks with red soles rapidly evolved into dirty bucks with red soles... and this is a lovely pair! So closely associated with the Ivy League WASP summer, these gave rise to the the term "white shoe firm", to denote a legal or brokerage firm that consisted exclusively of Ivy League graduates. These shoes are from an unknown maker, but clearly a solid mid-range shoe--and I'd be very surprised if they were made anywhere other than the USA....
This is a lovely, classic vintage Harrington from Brooks Brothers! Cut as a classic Harrington jacket this has the iconic side-flap pockets with button fastening. It also has a fully functional throat latch, and the classic knit hem and cuffs. Brooks has also made this a wonderfully functional model, with a flapped chest pocket with a button closure, and two interior side pockets, one of which has a security zipper to close it. This has a zip-out liner, which has the...
I have a slew of beautiful Spring and Summer jackets to pass on today, including some wonderful vintage Madras, linen, vintage blazer in honey-colored pure cashmere, purea gorgeous vintage Spring Green 3/2 sack, and more! As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING IN THE USA; International inquiries are welcome, with shipping at cost. Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME! Please PM with interest and offers! 1) WONDERFUL Vintage 3/2 Madras...
Madras ties are THE classic Ivy/Trad neckwear for Spring and Summer, and I have a lovely selection to pass on today! As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING in the USA; International orders are very welcome, with shipping at cost! Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME! Please PM with interest and offers! NB: All ties are in Very Good condition unless otherwise indicated; this is a conservative rating, as madras ties are supposed to be a tab wrinkled!...
SOLD
Harrington jackets are the perfect jacket for Spring, and I have two beautiful ones to pass on today--a terrific Brooks Brothers with zip-out lining, and a wonderful Loden version! As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING IN THE USA; International inquiries are welcome, with shipping at cost. Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME! Please PM with interest and offers! 1) GORGEOUS Loden Harrington Jacket SOLD This is absolutely beautiful, and if it fit me it...
SOLD
SOLD Aero Leather of Scotland have recently re-created the classic mid-century suede Varsity Jacket, as worn by Steve McQueen and Paul Newman in *Somebody Up There Likes Me*, and a classic item of clothing on Ivy League campuses throughout the 1950s and 1960s. The link to Aero's version is here: http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=2593 The ORIGINAL that I am offering is here--more pictures below! The Varsity Jacket is the classic two-pocket...
I have a lot of wonderful tweeds to pass on today, all of which are priced to move! As always, I OFFER FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING in the USA; International inquiries are also welcome, with shipping at cost. Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME! Please PM with interest and offers! 1) Made in the UK BEAUTIFUL & CLASSIC Basketweave Harris Tweed. This is wonderful, and I wish that it fit me! This is a beautiful Harris Tweed in the increasing rare and yet very...