or Connect

Posts by tweedydon

I have several classic Ivy/Trad suits to pass on today--including a beautiful ad heavy tweed three-piece, and a lovely miniature herringbone from J. Press, as well as several 3/2 sacks, including a classic 3/2 sack poplin suit! As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING in the CONUS; International inquiries are welcome, with shipping at cost. Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME! Please PM with interest and offers! 1) STUNNING! Three-piece suit in...
As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING within the US; International inquiries are welcome. Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME! Please PM with interest and offers! NB: CHEST is measured armpit to armpit laid flat; LENGTH is measured from the bottom of the collar to the hem; SLEEVE is measured like a shirt, from the middle of the neck, along the shoulder, and then down the outer sleeve to the cuff; this is measured with the cuff turned back if that is...
As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING in the USA; International inquiries are welcome, with shipping at cost. Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME! Please PM with interest and offers! 1) BEAUTIFUL Irish Tweed Walking hat. Made in Ireland. This is absolutely lovely, and my pictures come nowhere close to doing it justice. It's a beautiful medly of navy blue, heather purple, and hunter green. Excellent condition! Size S; measures c. 21 3/4" inner...
GIANT SCARF MEGATHREAD!! I have a slew of beautiful scarves to pass on today, from Scotland, England, Ireland, and Italy, from makers such as Begg, Lora Piana, Burberry, Johnston's of Elgin, and The Scotch House! As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING IN THE USA: International inquires are welcome, with shipping at cost. Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME, especially on three or more scarves! Please PM with interest and offers! GROUP A 1) SOLD Made in...
GRAIL alert! I have some wonderful, wonderful tweeds to pass along today, including a STUNNING cashmere 3/2 sack from the Golden Age of Ivy Style, some wonderful rare plaid and tartan tweeds, a beautiful Orvis Shooting Jacket in Harris Tweed, vintage 3/2 sacks, and more! As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING IN THE USA: International inquiries are welcome, with shipping at cost! Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME! Please PM with interest and...
This is absolutely gorgeous! Handmade in England of heavyweight silk, this beautiful tie is in excellent condition. It measures a classic 3 1/4" at the widest part of the blade, and will be shipped boxed. Asking $24 > 22, or offer, boxed and shipped in the USA. International inquiries welcome, with shipping at cost.
You know you want this! Suitable for a man or a woman, this classic Scottish bonnet is professionally knitted in Scotland in the Buchanan clan colours. It's in excellent condition, and has just been dry-cleaned. It measures 20 3/4" at the headband circumference, so would fit up to a 7 1/8 hat size. Asking just $20 or offer, shipped in the USA.
These are perfect for the holidays! Made by Chipp of New York--THE Ivy League/Trad tailors--these are flat-front and cuffed--as you'd expect! They also have a very nice tailoring detail of a small "flap" at the top opening of the pockets, designed to reduce stress on them when used. These are, of course, all wool. They have the usual degree of discolouration in the lining from age and wear, and a VERY small snag hole on the top on one thigh on the front. This is very...
I have several classic trenchcoats are raincoats to pass on today, in addition to the GRAIL Langrock that is listed separately. As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING IN THE USA; International inquiries are welcome, with shipping at cost. Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME! Please PM with interest and offers! 1) OLD SCHOOL Abercrombie & Fitch! NOT the mall brand! SOLD Before it devolved to a mall brand, Abercrombie & Fitch used to be one of the premier outfitters...
AQUASCUTUM TRENCHCOAT MADE FOR LANGROCK OF PRINCETON! Bruce Boyer described Langrock of Princeton as one of the best four Ivy league clothiers in the country, and he wasn't wrong. Langrock was THE Ivy League clothier during the Golden Era of the Ivy League look, and ever since it closed its doors for the last time in the 1990s its products have become increasingly rare, and as a result have been increasing in desirability and, alas, price--even damaged examples of...