or Connect

Posts by tweedydon

I have some more wonderful outerwear to pass on today, including a BEAUTIFUL topcoat by GGG Clothes, tailors to Eisenhower, a wonderful Brooks Brothers tweed topcoat in a rare small size, a 1940 Swedish military overcoat, and more! As always, I OFFER FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING WITHIN THE USA; International inquiries are welcome, with shipping at cost. Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME! Please PM with interest and offers! 1) BEAUTIFUL Topcoat by GGG Clothes...
THREE PIECE TWEED 3/2 SACK SUIT BY BROOKS BROTHERS! This is a true Ivy Grail item! This is absolutely beautiful--a true Ivy Grail! Not only is this a tweed three piece suit, but it has all of the Ivy desiderata. First, it's a tweed three piece suit--and the tweed is wonderful, a subdued dark grey broken bone herringbone with a subtle sky-blue vertical stripe throughout. This is versatile enough for both country and office wear. The jacket is cut as a 3/2 sack, with...
I have several beautiful, classic Ivy suits to pass along--including some GRAILS, such as a custom made three-piece flannel suit from Brooks Brothers, and a wonderful Custom tweed suit from Brigg's of Providence! As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING IN THE USA; International inquires are welcome, with shipping at reduced cost. Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME! Please PM with interest and offers! 1) GORGEOUS Custom-Made Tweed Suit, by Brigg's of...
This is wonderful! Cut similarly to a Barbour Border, the front features two deep bellows pockets (for shotgun shells, dog treats, gloves, and so on) as well as two deep slash handwarmer pockets. The collar is oversized, and is designed to stand up to protect your neck from the wind and cold; it also has a fully functional throat latch to ensure that it stays up in wind. It closes with either press studs or a lovely fluid YKK zipper (or both!), and features a front...
This is NOT one of the "modern" Barbours, with their lint-attracting peachfuzz "Sylkoil" finish, obnoxious embroidered logos, and fashion-forward "branding".... This is a Barbour that dates from when Barbours were made properly, in England, and were sold primarily as solid workwear to the country set, all the way from landowning Royalty down to locals who worked as beaters on their estates. This jacket is thus finished in the original matt wax finish that made Barbour...
The engine-turned sterling silver belt buckle with a rectangle for engraving your initials is a staple of the Ivy wardrobe, with the classic (and expensive!) examples being made by Tiffany's and Brooks Brothers. This is a fully functional, inexpensive alternative that would fit a 1" belt. Made by Anson, this is sterling silver, and in excellent condition, with minor surface patina on the interior, as shown. It is 1 5/8" long by 1" wide, and weighs 0.4oz. Asking just $39,...
The IVY SHOE MEGATHREAD! LOTS OF SHELL CORDOVAN! Florsheim Imperials, Hanover, Allen Edmonds, and more! As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING IN THE USA; International inquiries are welcome, with shipping at reduced cost. Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME! Please PM with interest and offers! 1) GORGEOUS Shell Cordovan Taylor-Made Imperials. These are absolutely beautiful shoe, with a richness and depth to the lovely dark chestnut shell leather. They have a...
To be sure, the holiday season has just passed... But if you're a true Trad that means that now is the time to buy your formalwear, at a decent discount, with plenty of time for the requisite alterations to be made before Summer concerts and weddings roll around, and it's needed again! Plus, at these prices you can own your own formalwear for less than the price of a one-night rental! As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING in the USA; International inquires are...
Thanks for mentioning my outerwear thread--mention razl's excellent thread here for 10% off... in addition to anything you get off by making me an offer, which are ALWAYS welcome!
THank you, Razl!