or Connect

Posts by tweedydon

THANK YOU! I'll try to get pictures up tomorrow. I found this just outside NYC, in NJ; I've found other Greenfield pieces in the same (undisclosed!) location, so assumed it was by him once I realized he'd worked on the show. Thanks again--all the responses are very much appreciated!
I'll try to get some tomorrow! It's possible that this was a prop; I've found several Martin Greenfield pieces before, and I know that he produced clothing for the show. The tailoring on this is excellent, too, and it feels like cashmere. No overly wide lapels, though!
I just picked up a very nice tweed jacket, which feels like cashmere. The interior label reads "Boardwalk Empire", and "Al Capone".... Does anyone have any idea who made this, or what this might mean? There's also the date 1/29/13.
Summer's Lease might have all too short a date, but there's plenty of time to enjoy these beautiful summer jackets, from J. Press, Norman Hilton, Orvis, and more! As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING WITHIN THE USA; International inquiries are welcome, with shipping at cost! Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME! Please PM with interest and offers! 1) J. Press Summer Summer 3/2 sack SOLD This is absolutely beautiful! Cut as a classic 3/2 sack, the...
ORIGINAL SQUARE RIGGER CANVAS SATCHEL! A 1980s preppy icon! Land' End Square Rigger Canvas Satchel was a classic 1980s preppy icon; stylish and durable, it lived up to the marketing that touted it as being the ideal bag for everyone, from preppy students to Wall Street tycoons. (The ad. above is from c.1985;this bag is likely from c.1995.) Made in the USA from extremely sturdy canvas, this is secured by a heavy-duty and heavy gauge YKK plastic zipper...
SOLD
White bucks are THE quintessential Ivy summer footwear! So-called because they were originally made with buckskin, these have long been a staple of the Ivy summer, as the 1960s ad below makes clear! Indeed, the habit that Ivy-educated lawyers had of wearing these shoes to work led to the term "white shoe law firm" to describe a certain type of legal practice. These shoes are a lovely example of this summer classic, with beautiful creamy white uppers and red soles. Made by...
White bucks are THE quintessential Ivy summer footwear! So-called because they were originally made with buckskin, these have long been a staple of the Ivy summer, as the 1960s ad below makes clear! Indeed, the habit that Ivy-educated lawyers had of wearing these shoes to work led to the term "white shoe law firm" to describe a certain type of legal practice. These shoes are a lovely example of this summer classic, with beautiful creamy white uppers and red soles. Made by...
My apologies for missing your post on this tie until now! It is available, and there's no rush to settle up! Please remind me of your address, and I can have it off to you whenever's convenient. All best, James
BRAND NEW, UNWORN, CHRONOLOGIA WATCH! Ski Chronograph R002 Model I'm delighted to be able to pass on today a BRAND NEW IN BOX, UNWORN, Chronologia "Ski Chronograph" R002 model watch that is still UNDER WARRANTY! This watch has quite literally never been removed from its box, and dates from late 2015. It comes with everything--the original carry-case box, the instruction manual, the flashlight-keyring, and the original uncompleted warranty card, which you can fill...