or Connect

Posts by tweedydon

BROOKS BROTHERS SEERSUCKER SUIT! The Ivy Summer Classic! The classic Ivy suit is, of course, the seersucker suit--and this example from Brooks Brothers is a beauty! A very recent model, this is a classic tan and cream seersucker, with the perfect amount of texture in the all-cotton suiting. It's a contemporary two-button model with subtle darts and four button cuffs. It is fully lined, and has a single centre vent. The trousers are pleated and cuffed. This is in...
GRAIL! LANGROCK OF PRINCETON SHAWL COLLAR TROPICAL TUXEDO Two items of clothing stand out in the movie classic Casablanca.... Rick's trenchcoat, and his double-breasted ivory shawl-collar dinner jacket. And here's your chance to acquire a single-breasted version of the latter... Indeed, here's your chance to acquire something that's likely better than Rick's, for he would have been relying on local Morrocan tailors dealing with wartime shortages, and this beauty...
I have over two dozen BEAUTIFUL Summer jackets to pass on this weekend, including several GRAILS--a vintage Lily Pulitzer, a cashmere Langrock, some wonderful hopsack 3/2 sacks in summer colours, a cashmere and wool Pal Zileri, vintage Chipp, and more! This is my SECOND post; I'll be listing more jackets tomorrow! As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING IN THE USA: International inquiries are welcome, with shipping at a reduced rate! Also as always, ALL OFFERS...
I have over two dozen BEAUTIFUL Summer jackets to pass on this weekend, including several GRAILS--a vintage Lily Pulitzer, a cashmere Langrock, some wonderful hopsack 3/2 sacks in summer colours, a cashmere and wool Pal Zileri, vintage Chipp, and more! This is my FIRST post; I'll be listing more jackets shortly, and also tomorrow! As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING IN THE USA: International inquiries are welcome, with shipping at a reduced rate! Also as...
I have a series of beautiful ties to pass on today, including some beauties from Langrock, Ben Silver, The English Shop, Burberry, Brooks Brothers, and more! As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING in the USA; International inquiries are welcome, with shipping at cost. Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME, especially on two or more ties! Please PM with interest and offers! NB: Unless otherwise noted, all ties are in excellent condition. GROUP 1:...
I'm working on an academic project on commodification, and I'm wondering if there are any goods or services whose nature prevents them from being bought and sold in the marketplace for cash? (Note: NOT goods or services that shouldn't be bought and sold, but goods or services whose nature precludes their commodification.) All ideas VERY welcome!
I have a series of beautiful ties to pass on today, including some beauties from Holland & Holland, Langrock, Brooks Brothers, and Dunhill. As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING in the USA; International inquiries are welcome, with shipping at cost. Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME, especially on two or more ties! NB: Unless otherwise noted, all ties are in excellent condition. GROUP 1: Regimentals 1) Vintage red-label Jos. A. Banks. 3 1/4". The...
I have a series of beautiful ties to pass on today, including some beauties from Holland & Holland, Langrock, Brooks Brothers, and Dunhill. As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING in the USA; International inquiries are welcome, with shipping at cost. Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME, especially on two or more ties! NB: Unless otherwise noted, all ties are in excellent condition. GROUP 1: Regimentals 1) Vintage red-label Jos. A. Banks. 3 1/4". The...
The Lacoste Harrington G-9 jacket was one of THE Preppy clothing icons of the 1980s, mentioned in The Official Preppy Handbook--and with good reason. Not only did this jacket look good, but it was the perfect summer equivalent of the classic A-2. It featured a stylish scalloped yoke across the back shoulders, knit cuffs and hem, a collar that could be turned up and secured with two buttons, deep slash handwarmer pockets (perfect for pushing your hands deep inside while...
I have recently acquired a LOT of jackets, and need to make room--so these are now FREE! Just send me $15 (to cover the cost of boxed Priority mailing in the USA in a Medium Flat-Rate box) and I'll send these along; I can fit one or two into a Flat-Rate box. Please PM with interest! 1) Classic Tweed, cut from Dormeuil cloth! CLAIMED This is a lovely understated tweed! This is made from cloth from Dormeuil, a French clothiers that has been in business since 1842....