or Connect

Posts by tweedydon

The hanger used by Charles Lindbergh at Twin Pine airfield. Hopewell, NJ is slated for demolition this week, with bids to turn it into an aviation museum having failed. It used t be one of the original grass airfields in the US; it's now playing fields. Picture credit: NJ.com Lindbergh was a resident of Hopewell--his baby was kidnapped from his nearby residence--and he frequently used this hanger to store his Curtiss. It's also likely that this is this is the hanger...
Summer's lease might have all too short a date, but there's still plenty of time to enjoy these lovely classic summer jackets--especially at these end-of-season prices! As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING IN THE USA; International inquiries are welcome, with shipping at reduced cost! Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME! Please PM with interest and offers! 1) CLASSIC Trad./Ivy Haspel Wash-and-Wear jacket A staple in the 1960s, Wash and Wear jackets have...
I have a MASSIVE number of classic pants and shorts to pass on today, including NWT Bill's shorts, Madras shorts, and critter pants, as well as the more usual khakis, seerucker, pincord, linen, and wool--some NWT! As always, ALL PRICES INCLUDE SHIPPING IN THE USA; International inquiries are welcome, with shipping at cost! Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME! Please PM with interest and offers! NB: ALL TROUSERS ARE FLAT FRONT UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED! 1)...
SOLD
Summer's lease might have all too short a date, but there's still plenty of time to enjoy these lovely classic summer jackets--especially at these end-of-season prices! As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING IN THE USA; International inquiries are welcome, with shipping at reduced cost! Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME! Please PM with interest and offers! 1) GORGEOUS 3/2 sack jacket in Genuine Handwoven Madras! SOLD This is absolutely beautiful! An absolute...
Levis "Shrink to Fit" 501s are widely regarded as THE best place to start experimenting with raw denim--and since pair is possibly the cheapest you'll ever see new shrink to fit 50s, grab them if they're yours size! Note that since these are shrink to fit, while they're tagged 34/34,these will shrink with the first soaking that you give them, down to around 33 waist and 31 or 32 inseam. Their current measurements are: 17 1/4 waist, and 33 3/4" inseam. They are NEW, with...
I have some more lovely tradly ties to pass on today, including many NOS ties from the tradly clothier Finney Wood, regimentals, patterns, paisleys, and emblematics! PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS THE LAST FINNEY WOODS TIES THAT ARE LIKELY TO BE AVAILABLE! As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING IN THE USA; International inquiries are welcome, with shipping at cost! Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME! Please PM with interest and offers! NB: ALL TIES ARE IN...
Thanks, I'll see how they fit! My guess is that they'll be a tad short, but I might wait a couple of weeks until they're reduced.
Are Flint and Tinder jeans worth picking up? I have a line on some, but while they're NWT they're $35 a pop. I doubt they're worth buying to flip at that price--and I couldn't afford the initial outlay to but enough to make it worth my while anyway--but are they worth this for my own use? I not that into selvedge, but I wouldn't mind giving it a short.... Oh, and yes--$35 for jeans does give you some idea of how much thrifting is where I am!
This is absolutely stunning! It's hard to know where to start with this beauty, but what pops out immediately is the sheer amount of handwork that went into this. It has pick stitching on the collar, the lapels, the placket, and the jetted pockets; it also clearly has handsewn seams and basting throughout the interior, along the back seam, shoulder seam, and sideseams; indeed, I would not be in the slightest bit surprised to discover that this jacket was fully...