or Connect

Posts by tweedydon

Now THAT'S a good idea!But that 8 hour round trip....
I think I'd look at the Bill's once they hit 50% off; I'm not knowledgeable enough about the suits to make a suggestion. But I wouldn't make an 8-hr round trip for them; with gas and time factored in, unless there's a vast number of goodies there you'll end up making a loss.
I'm sorry for your loss, Wes.
I haven't noticed all that much difference in volume between the old B&S and the new for my own items. Having said that, I have a pretty niche market--vintage and moden trad. stuff, and my experience might not generalize to chaps who sell high-end new (or new-ish) items. I agree that the new B&S isn't as fun as the old B&S--I loved the comments on the threads, and the ability of persons to bump up good deals!
I'll respectfully disagree with this. Buying everything you think might sell is a sure-fire way to spend a LOT of moeny very fast; those $3 items add up! ANd if they don't sell, that's a lot of money wasted.Moreover, if you buy everything you think will sell, you'll end up with VERY cramped house, very, very quickly.I suggest being selective.... ANd think to yourself what the odds are of the item you're considering being trash or treasure? (Hint: The odds aren't even! )
This is lovely, and exceptionally high quality; this hat appears to be artisanally handwoven, and the weave of the crown is exceptionally tight.... Hats like this are now rarely made, I suspect! This has a leather interior sweatband, embossed with the Brooks logo, and the initial "R G K Jr". The weave throughout is exceptionally tight, and there are no loose ends of broken straws. It has a black, tightly woven hatband. This is a vintage hat, and so there's some very minor...
I have some more lovely tradly ties to pass on today, including many NOS ties from the tradly clothier Finney Wood, regimentals, patterns, paisleys, and emblematics! As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING IN THE USA; International inquiries are welcome, with shipping at cost! Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME! Please PM with interest and offers! NB: ALL TIES ARE IN EXCELLENT CONDITION UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED! GROUPS A to E: NOS Ties from Finney...
I'm delighted to offer my fellow Style Forum members 15% off all current Filson items! These are NOT seconds, NOT returns, and NOT closeouts, and all are covered by whatever warranties Filson provides with them. This offer extends to (almost) all of Filson's current catalog offerings, in all sizes. (If an item isn't available I'll let you know.) Shipping in the United States FREE for items under $100; over $100 is a flat $10, which includes tracking and insurance. I...
SOLD
I have some more lovely tradly ties to pass on today, including patterns, paisleys, and emblematics! As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING IN THE USA; International inquiries are welcome, with shipping at cost! Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME! Please PM with interest and offers! NB: ALL TIES ARE IN EXCELLENT CONDITION UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED! GROUP 1: Repeating Patterns 1) Christian Dior. Made in the USA. Love bow ties but sometimes have to wear...