or Connect

Posts by Tarzan

Delicious thread Does one have to buy chocolates fresh from a local shop or it is safe to order online from another country?
Quote: Originally Posted by javyn I really like the Cash Flow 101 board game (PC version). I played this and was fun but seemed very easy. It's a one time game.
The classic and original method of speed reading was developed by Evelyn Wood. I would suggest reading The Evelyn Wood 7-Day Speed Reading & Learning Program. Even if you don't learn to do the difficult vertical reading, you will still learn some tips that will help you speed up your conventional reading. One thing that I remember from this course is that most people read with their "hidden voice" meaning they pronounce the words they read silently in their head or they...
Quote: Originally Posted by Reevolving Is this a decent summary ? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_...fluence_People You just made me go and open the book These core principles are the last thing you see in each chapter and they are like a final conclusion to the chapter. If you read the whole book, I think you will get a better idea on why and how these principles work. Apart from the excellent examples and analysis of these, you...
According to Dr Hauschka's advice it might be a better idea not to use a moisturizer at night to let your skin breathe and balance itself while sleeping. I usually follow this advice. If you absolutely want to use a night treatment, maybe a good choice would be a serum like the Ren Omega 3 that I have tried and is excellent or the Zirh correct which I have also tried but is a bit more sticky and annoys me when I put my cheek on the pillow. Still very good as an aftershave.
The german chain LIDL sells a riesling for about 3 euros. I tried it and was pleasant drinking but I don't know about its quality. Has anyone tried it? Any suggestions from the following locally available rieslings? Prices are in euros. France DOM.OSTERTAG RIESLING Heissenberg 750ml 25.10 HUGEL RIESLING JUBILEE 750ml 26.90 HUGEL RIESLING 750ml 13.70 TRIMBACH RIESLING Alsace 750ml 11.90 WEINBACH RIESLING CUVEE THEO 750ml 22.18 ...
Before you read "selling" books, I think you should read "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill. I have this edition http://www.amazon.com/Think-Grow-Ric.../dp/1593302002 and together with Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People" they are the two books I would suggest to anyone to read.
Not sure if I am posting this in the right place but Givan's Irish Linen Stores http://www.givans.co.uk/page.home have started their sale and they give a 20% discount until 26/2. I have bought from them 2 linen handkerchiefs, one ladies and one gentlemen, and they were both excellent quality and reasonably priced. Is there any feedback on their bedroom stuff, apart from the fact that they are very expensive?
If you like rpgs, you could go back in time and try the Baldur's Gate series and Planescape:Torment. I generally prefer older games because they focus less on graphics and more on scenario, dialogues and gameplay. I was playing D&D online with a group and it seemed like playing Counterstrike. The others were killing stuff and my elven ranger was entertaining the group
Since a lot of you are very experienced with Paypal as buyers and sellers, I thought I should ask you about what choices to make when using paypal. I had started a paypal account and then thought it would be good to do that "verify" bank account thing where paypal sends you a small amount of money to your bank account to be sure it really exists, I thought this would be useful because I would appear more reliable and I had also seen in some places that they only ship to...