or Connect

Posts by kuwisdelu

Quote: Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard Now then. About my earlier point in calling your arguments dangerous. The original poster posed the question, and I quote the title of this thread, "How fancy can I get at college before I get ostracized?" From that question we can infer that he does not want to be ostracized, and as such, we should be giving him advice about how far he can go without risking social abnormalcy. Your suggestion that he "be...
Go with your shirt, tie, and blazer combo. But I'd switch the black trousers out for charcoal.
Quote: Originally Posted by Sam Hober One other variable to consider is under graduate vs graduate programs. When I went to business school suits/jacket & ties were the norm as most students already were in the real work world. Granted it was graduate school with older students. I did not wear suits to college but I wore ties/jackets and I felt comfortable doing so and no one ever commented negatively even once. A true distinction. It...
Quote: Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard Let's consider, for a second, the definition of "abnormal." ... a) Wear a suit to class every day and you will be deviating from a statistical norm b) People will find your deviation unusual, and many will be uncomfortable with it c) Many of those who are uncomfortable will not want to associate with you ... As a statistician, I strongly suggest you reconsider your argument and take into a...
I just think it's silly to, as you put it, stay within your "safe harbor" zone in college. It's a time for self-exploration. How far is too far is for each person to decide on their own. I think saying with any degree of certainty that something will happen (e.g., being labelled a "weirdo") is ridiculous. Some people will think that sure, but except for pint-sized colleges, I really don't see that happen. At my school, there are of course plenty of people who dress in...
Of course. How could we have been mistaken? You can be as much of a unique individual as you want, as long as you're the same as everyone else.
#2 is beautiful! Couldn't have been a 36?? Oh well.
Quote: Originally Posted by boyzeroo at my university, i always see students in suits (for co-op interviews). i don't see why you wouldn't be able to wear it. others would assume you have an interview. as for other articles of clothing, i say wear whatever tickles ur fancy. college is about individualism. Quote: Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba and people usually say...."interview?". Unless you want the people in your class...
Quote: Originally Posted by elgreco Does the world need to see another perfectly tailored and traditional db-jacket? There's 800 of them here. Yeah. Especially when perfectly tailored, traditional SB jackets are so rare these days...
I'm similar measurements here. 5' 6" and 130 lbs. I find most American-styled jackets are far too big. My European-cut ones (Corneliani, Canali, etc.) fit very well after minimal alterations, though. H&M size 36 is slim enough to fit off the rack. If you ever get tired of shopping in the boys section, my suggestion is try more European cuts. At least that's what works for me.