or Connect

Posts by kuwisdelu

Quote: Originally Posted by vncrz It's hard to pretend they're pants in this one. Send the photo to Eric Glennie and let's get some office skirts made. EDIT: no longer applicable.... but still a marvelous idea.
Quote: Originally Posted by radicaldog I don't think I've seen this book. Unfortunately my (Italian and provincial) tailor carries primarily Zegna, Loro Piana, Drapers, etc., though he does have some of the usual English suspects. I might be able to source it elsewhere anyway, as I'm London fairly frequently. I'm not too keen on shine (e.g. I don't like mohair), but I do like some silk blends (even some by Dormeuil that I've seen: nice silk/wool...
Quote: Originally Posted by mafoofan I said only in tweed jackets. Will there be extra points for.. ahem.. pattern matching?
The second shoulder fit is better, but does look a bit tight. The first is too big in the shoulders. They shoulders should just fall on yours; can you try a size in between? And by the way, if you want to pull off the suit-jacket-sans-pants look, boxer-briefs work a lot better. While your boxers follow the shape of the suit's skirt quite elegantly, its rather girlish and gives the appearance of wearing an odd skirt a la a Thom Browne skirt suit. The skirt of the...
I think Phat Guido looks quite smashing on pg 2, and not the least bit like an affected child. If something still looks good in a 60 year old photograph, I'm not sure what's to keep it from looking good now.
Quote: Originally Posted by Night Owl Dude we've seen your pics and the jig is up, just stop Dude, if you don't like them, that's fine. What reason do I have to lie? Seriously. SF isn't the whole world, as some here may think.
Quote: Originally Posted by tsaltzma +1 It took me a bit to figure that out. Now when I wear one I don't care what other people think, though often I get a positive response. Usually from women, and also older gentlemen. +2 Women of all ages seem to like a man in a proper hat, having gotten many a positive comment from undergrad girls to female profs, and this summer my boater was the opener to a half-hour conversation with another...
Quote: Originally Posted by amplifiedheat The consensus as to which better elongates the body shifts depending on which is in fashion. Ultimately, in 2-button vs. 3-button, whichever elongates the body best depends on the cut of the suit, the button stance, the waist suppression, the gorge, etc... Both can do it well. So as you said, the "consesus" will tend toward whatever's in fashion...
These are high armholes:
Quote: Originally Posted by cminor 3.25 to 3.5" ties aren't skinny at all. Try 3" or 2.75" and below Yes, again to those who seem confused: The OP isn't looking for skinny ties, just skinnier, normal 3.25-3.5" ties.