or Connect

Posts by amplifiedheat

Quote: Originally Posted by Matt S On proportionate people the waist is the narrowest part of the torso (on most people that happens to be an inch above the navel. Some people are high-waisted and others are low-waisted. For a suit, the buttoning point of the jacket and the top of the trousers both must relate to the waist for a proper fit. The trousers sit about an inch lower than the jacket button. This gives the most balanced look and related best to...
Quote: Originally Posted by Nicola Anything below your waist is low rise. It's not an absolute number. For me 11.5 inch rise would be around my waist. It sounds like it's below your waist. +1. Quote: In this pic, the buckle of the belt can be seen around the lowest button. So either the trouser rise is short by 3-4 inches or the buttoning point needs to be lowered by the same amount ? Seriously ? The former. Trousers...
Quote: Originally Posted by loreley Each morning, he gets up and says, "How can I best look like a douche today?"
Covers butt? Long enough. Does not cover butt? Not long enough.
Quote: Originally Posted by Roger Everett It seems to me a 3 button suit/ SC is best worn by slender ( skinny ) young fellows. I've also heard "I'm short, and 3-buttons are for tall guys," and "I'm tall, and 3-buttons are for short guys." It's all bullshit. Everyone can wear a well-cut 3-button.
That vertical split is an action back, like I was talking about. It's pretty subtle when it's not open.
Quote: Originally Posted by Prestosmp Best to let out the seat a bit, to avoid that tightness in the crotch.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mudhiker Here's a related question. In the James Bond movies, does he (and the stunt doubles) really do the action scenes in normal (bespoke) suits or do the costume folks make some sort of lycra look-a-like? "Tom Ford is Bond's tailor for the movie Quantum of Solace. Actor Daniel Craig is reported to have ruined around 40 bespoke suits during filming. "It really is a crime. It makes me weep every time. They're...
Armhole size is part of the equation, though it probably gets more press than it deserves. Fullness across the shoulder blades is essential. The rarely-seen action back (a.k.a. bi-swing back) also would be welcome.
I don't know why this idea keeps sticking around, that jacket length has anything to do with your arms. Arm length varies. Some people have no arms at all, and still have a correct suit length. So I will say, yet again: If a suit jacket does not cover the bottom, it is too short. If it goes substantially beyond, it is too long.