or Connect

Posts by BP348

The fact that you call it GB entertains the rest of us.
1:15 minutes. Should only be about 50-60 minutes but I have to go through 2 small towns and that slows me down quite a bit.
It is a way to ensure the traffic fine is paid. The whole, "lucky to not be going to jail" thing is a little over the top but all in all can be true. Local police officers here in south Texas often take Mexican visitors straight to court to have their fine paid because they know if they don't the person will just cross back into Mexico and the fine will never get paid.
Quote: Originally Posted by Stazy My two cents: the time and financial burden are likely greater than you're expecting. I'm single and live on my own so I bring my dog to daycare during the week. I've owned him for 8 months and have spent over $4000 on daycare alone. Luckily I can afford to look after him but looking back, I wasnt really prepared for what owning a dog really entails. I guess everyone is different because I've never sent my dog...
Quote: Originally Posted by kwilkinson ^That sucks. One of our leashes broke 2 days ago and we haven't had time to replace it yet. So we're taking the dogs out two at a time, and then the third one after. Last night while we were taking two of them out, the third one slipped by and got out the door. We chased him around the yard and the neighbor's yard for an hour, he finally came back in, but in trying to catch him I landed on my arm and my...
Quote: Originally Posted by otc In most states, can't landlords not withold anything more than the actual cost of repair? Dirty carpets are questionable since a fair amount of wear and tear is expected (especially if you are there for more than a year) and the landlord should probably be cleaning them before the new tennants move in no matter what. Even if they try to pin it on you (and the burden of proof is usually on them) it doesn't cost that...
Quote: Originally Posted by GreenFrog damn landlord won't return our security deposits!! i emailed them. no response. my roommate emailed them. no response. i called them. no response. i left a voice message. no response. Just wondering, did you and your roommates do a walkthrough of the apartment with the LL and do some kind of paperwork that showed any/all preexisting problems with the apartment prior to moving in? If so do you still...
Quote: Originally Posted by Rambo Thanks Ed. Stitchy - No, that's why I need Munchausen's dealer! Its the lease. The long of it is we're both on the lease, as equal parties, so on and so forth. There is no amicable split anywhere in there. If he bolts, I'm stuck and basically fucked over. If I bolt, and then Cokey bolts, they are going to come after both of us. He's already informed me that his credit is fucked and he doesn't give a shit. ...
Pretty much any team from Chicago
Quote: Originally Posted by JLibourel If a dog challenges me for a place on the furniture, he or she gets a good shakedown by the scruff of the neck and a firm verbal reprimand. If the dog continues to challenge, I whip off my belt and drive him off the furniture with a good beating. This +1 Its pretty simple either you're the alpha or the dog is the alpha. Any dog that pins someone in the corner or growls at you when you sit on the couch...