or Connect

Posts by Don Carlos

Quote: Originally Posted by voxsartoria This thread, or threak if you will, would become far more apprehensible if it were renamed, "Which character on Gilligan's island are you?" So far, based on my toilet-seated reading: Don Carlos - Mary Ann foodguy - the Professor stilwater - the Captain (purely because of weight) Reevolving - Gilligan RSS - Ginger (yeow!) My list is not yet complete. Also, many of the themes of this thread are...
Quote: Originally Posted by tagutcow I received... the exact same message, word for word. Now it seems less speshull. At least we can be tattletale buddies. And we'll both sleep with the fishes together when the mafia finds out about us.
Quote: Originally Posted by Silver Light That's awesome! Welcome back, lil' buddy. We were worried for a second there. A whole 30 seconds had gone by since your last sock.
I think we can all enjoy the lulz of this awesome PM I received from Stillwater / Hey Man immediately prior to his most recent banning: Quote: Originally Posted by Stillwater Have you ever heard the saying "nobody likes a tattletale"? In case you didn't know, it's true and I find it amazing that people on this board have nothing better to do than rat out other posters that they don't like. Someone like you, who has no problem running to tell...
Quote: Originally Posted by Stillwater This coming from a guy that has over 7,000 posts and will probably be at 14,000 by the end of the year. :yawn:
Quote: Originally Posted by Stillwater I always get a kick out of people thinking that posters here are rich or make a high salary. Rich people don't spend their time at a place called Style Forum. Truth be told, the majority of people here are in huge debt due their stylish wants. Get a life, Hey Man. How many socks in a row is this now, three? You are pathetic.
Quote: Originally Posted by tagutcow Hey Man_v5. Global Ignore. Just throwing it out here. Seriously. Mods: he's back once again, this time as Stillwater. Either he is using proxies or you aren't IP banning him, but regardless, he keeps coming back and back and back. I second Tagut's recommendation. Put him on global ignore instead of banning him. See how long it takes him to figure it out. http://www.styleforum.net/member.php?u=135047
Quote: Originally Posted by Loathing You should use your $100 to buy a 20% equity stake in Reevolving's $500 shoes immediately, to get your foot in the door, so to speak. If your B&S sale goes well, you should gradually buy additional 5-10% lumps of equity in said shoes. Once you reach a point where you own close to a 50% steak in these shoes, you should consider a leveraged buyout. You can then use the income generated by the shoes (see above for more on...
Quote: Originally Posted by jays978 Hey Guys, Has anyone had this experience where their garbadine suit appears to be a bit dry or chalky looking? Is this a sign that it needs drycleaning? It's not like I have been in the sand dunes with it on or anything. Besides drycleaning, is there a way to bring it back to life? Please kindly discuss and advise. Is it fading at stress points, like the elbows? Is that what you mean here?
I'm planning to purchase a pair of $500 shoes next year from Reevolving, and would presumably finance the acquisition through some combination of cash, debt, and equity sale or transfer. Reevolving's cash on hand is approximately $500, and let's assume mine is $100. I'm uncertain about the future, and particularly, about how the Fed's actions might affect my borrowing costs in the coming year. Furthermore, I've got a coming B&S sale in three months, and I am trying to...