or Connect

Posts by Don Carlos

I've had drug tests required upon being a new hire at two of my office jobs in the course of my career. I passed both of the tests, though on at least one of them, I have no idea how. I guess pot and/or coke don't linger in the system as long as it commonly assumed.
If this is your first time eating a burger or steak or something in a long time, you might get some oily diarrhea shortly afterward. Just warning you. It's because your body isn't used to beef. You'll need to reacclimate to it. Make sure you have access to a nice, clean bathroom and some reading material.
I just read the first book. It's not bad. It's not groundbreaking YA literature or anything, but it's better than most of what's out there. At any rate, is this movie going to show the scene where Katniss strips naked and has her legs and pussy meticulously waxed clean? If not, the movie is not true to the book, and I refuse to watch it.
Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan This. The MSM is insane in the membrane. Let me ask you a question. Answer it honestly. When you use the term "mainstream media," do you include Fox News in that category? As the highest-rated cable news outlet in the country, it is certainly "mainstream," no? How do you reconcile your love of Fox with your hatred for the "MSM"? Is this a fundamental paradox for you? Is this like the episode of Star...
Quote: Originally Posted by imageWIS Hopefully not. I agree however, that States, even those run by madmen want to stay in power, and no state or madman would survive for long with they used nukes... world retaliation would be absolute destruction of the state. Kim Jong-Il is probably the most likely head of state in the world to use a nuclear weapon in conflict, and that's not because he's insane (I don't believe he is; in fact, he's...
Quote: Originally Posted by JayJay On Anderson Cooper's show last night, a reporter was actually saying that his quick read of the e-mail revealed how good she was as a governor. Go figure. +1 I'm no Palin fan, but based on everything I've read about her time in office as governor, I get the impression she did a great job. If she emerges from emailgate unscathed, this will be a huge boost for her. In fact, an even bigger boost would be...
Quote: Originally Posted by chomeo i'm afraid it works both ways. without the US burying ourselves in debt buying from China, there'll be more unemployed Chinese on the street to cause more headaches for Beijing. China can weather an economic war with the US better than the US can. It'll be back on its feet in 3 or 4 years; we'd be destroyed for decades.
Quote: Originally Posted by Nereis Agreed, any confrontation between China and America could very quickly go nuclear. Really? Just the opposite, IMO. It would probably be a limited conventional conflict coupled with a massive unconventional conflict (trade war, economic war, computer and network hacking, etc.). Missiles would be used, but these would be non-nuclear ballistic missiles. China would win hands down in anything less than a total...
Quote: Originally Posted by Nereis That's true. It's just a real pity that our legal system essentially puts the fate of a potential innocent into the hands of twelve people who may not even understand or care about getting the right verdict, as long as they can get home in time for dinner. Well, that's the problem with a "jury of peers" system in the first place. Back when the founding fathers were debating this whole thing, there were quite a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Nereis You would really think that with the technical complexity involved in many cases they would actually seek to have a jury that had at least some smattering of college education. Like we've said, it really depends on what either side of the case is trying to accomplish. The whole point of jury selection seems to be the "stack the deck" in favor of one's side. In this sense, what type of juror gets selected...