or Connect

Posts by Don Carlos

We are @ library bar right now Stop by
Quote: Originally Posted by yachtie I love how apartments built in the 50's/60's are described here as "vintage" Srsly. That's because most people live in shitbox, ugly-as-sin apartments built in the 90s or later. Contemporary apartments use cheap, cheap, cheap materials, and cut corners like nobody's business, and have no style whatsoever. Give me a 1920s place any day of the week. I'll pay the top dolla to retrofit it as needed. That...
Quote: Originally Posted by willpower If you live within 7 miles of the coast in LA you almost never have to run air conditioning. lolwut
Quote: Originally Posted by tagutcow FWIW, I have a seven year-old iMac (lulz.) The only time I've ever heard the fan run was once when doing a firmware upgrade. Noice. I don't 'get' iMacs, fwiw. They don't even use desktop hardware. They are basically laptops -- with laptop chipsets and cards -- in desktops' clothing.
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire What delicious irony this is coming from you, Mr. The-Entire-Board-Is-My-DT. Your opinion of the messenger doesn't make the message any less true, though.
Quote: Originally Posted by NorCal [/b] Actually I think it's the lack of common courtesy and the need for people to self-righteously defend their own boorish behaviour. +100 Well shit, man. I'm just about going to give up and abandon this threak the way I had to bail on the True Blood threak. People are dumb a-holes, and it seems book spoilers are here to stay. Real shame folks can't keep their nerd-boners in their pants for the sake of...
Quote: Originally Posted by JMRouse I get that sometimes when my Macbook overheats. It's not a virus. This remains, far and away, my biggest gripe with Macbooks. I've never managed to fry any of my hardware from overheating, but I've gotten very nervous -- especially when doing halfway serious amounts of gaming on my Windows partition. After a few hours, the computer starts to burn like a pizza fresh out of a brick oven. I've tweaked the fan...
Quote: Originally Posted by MikeDT Never heard of that one. You're incredibly fortunate, and I pray you remain so. The bug results when the system-controlled super-administrator profile goes a little haywire and essentially seizes control over every facet of your machine, locking you out of certain key functions. One of the fun side effects is that the system turns every folder and every path on your hard drive to permanent read-only status....
Quote: Originally Posted by MikeDT TBH I think Windows 7 is as reliable as OS X. LMFAO. Not being a fanboy here or anything, but honestly, Win7 sux cox 'n dix. Soooo many software issues. So, so, so, so, so, so, so many. Many of them critical and nigh-unfixable when they crop up, too. Such as the infamous "read-only" permissions bug, from which my Win7 boot suffered until I threw my hands up in frustration and just wiped and reinstalled the...
This has all the hallmarks of faulty or improperly installed RAM. +1 on that suggestion.