or Connect

Posts by Don Carlos

Spoiler alert: evidently, Freewheeler turned out to be yet another "Hey Man" sock. Explains the irrationally aggro posting style and the insubstantial argumentation.
Thank you, mods, for killing Hey Man v4.0 (or whatever version we're up to these days), aka, Freewheeler. May he learn to give it at least a two-month rest this time before coming back to spam us again.
Quote: Originally Posted by munchausen That is such a California story. Maybe I should move out there. I bet life is good for PI attorneys. I never did med mal, but we used to get sign ups for it all the time and I would interview the potential client and forward pertinent information to an attorney we worked with who was one of Texas's top med mal attorneys. I would get cases that I thought were slam dunks that he would reject. The best...
Quote: Originally Posted by munchausen That is such a California story. For some, strange reason, my mind chose to read this line of yours in a Bruno voice. As in "That is such a Samantha thing to say!"
Quote: Originally Posted by Ataturk In most cases you have a right to a jury trial, but that doesn't mean you have to use it. Cases or specific issues like damages can be tried to the court (i.e., let the judge decide) if both parties agree. That's interesting insight. Thank you. In looking back on my case, I'm wondering if maybe the plaintiff/complainant's lawyer decided he'd have a pretty decent chance of winning over a dullard jury with an...
Quote: Originally Posted by CDFS ^In the end you are just a fat-apologist Inorite? My actions supported the cause of fat people, and for that I have failed my Kryptonian ubermensch father and his mighty bloodline of Superiors.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mr Herbert im surprised the jury selects the compensation i would have thought that would be the role of the judge, similar to sentencing I'm not a laywer, but I think how it works is that we suggest the compensation and then the judge has final discretion. Essentially, the judge has the power either to accept our recommendation or to call shenanigans on it. Lawyerdad or someone else can correct me if I'm wrong....
Quote: Originally Posted by erictheobscure Shortly after college, I was sued for a fender bender. The woman hired an ambulance chaser from the offices of Larry H. Parker and claimed injury. During examination, she claimed that her seat belt had injured her shoulder and pointed to it. My insurance company's lawyer pointed out that a driver's side seat belt woulld have covered the other shoulder. I thought this would be a slam dunk until I looked at the...
Once again I am going to bring up Dragon Age 2. I gave it another shot last night for about an hour, thinking "Oh, what the hell, maybe I was too harsh in my evaluation last time." Turns out I had been, if anything, too lenient. Holy hell, this game sucks cock. Such an epic letdown of a sequel. It should be used as instructional material in video game design schools, in a semester-long class called "Why You Shouldn't Try To Fix What Ain't Broken."
Quote: Originally Posted by Barnabus its not surprising .There's a caste system of sorts in many Hispanic countries .The people of Spanish extraction make up the upper class and people in power and they look down on the rest of Mexicans who are either mixed or native. As long as they are rich they couldn't give a shit about the rest of the populace. All of that goes back to the racial attitudes and dynamics of early Spanish colonies. To be...