or Connect

Posts by Don Carlos

Once again I am going to bring up Dragon Age 2. I gave it another shot last night for about an hour, thinking "Oh, what the hell, maybe I was too harsh in my evaluation last time." Turns out I had been, if anything, too lenient. Holy hell, this game sucks cock. Such an epic letdown of a sequel. It should be used as instructional material in video game design schools, in a semester-long class called "Why You Shouldn't Try To Fix What Ain't Broken."
Quote: Originally Posted by Freewheeler I wish you could add some substance to your own argument. I shot bullet holes through your idea of logic and now you have nothing. You "shot bullet holes" through the wording on the second half of a quote I brought up. You have addressed nothing whatsoever of my logic. Let me spell out the logic for you in kid-friendly, easily digestible bullet points: 1) Salaries (for most people; $10MM+ salaries are...
Quote: Originally Posted by Freewheeler So you can't even back up or further explain your own obviously weak point? Good job there. You are aggressively dense, and your snark is backed up by nothing of substance. I hope the others on this thread can pick up where we left off before you derailed it with your inane "contributions." Peace.
Quote: Originally Posted by Freewheeler Then don't use a stupid and inaccurate quote about salaries, which uses the words "no matter how high". Oh, for fuck's sake. First of all, you're WAY too hung up on the wording of that quote. You don't like the lettering of the second sentence? Fine. Fair. I'll concede that it was a poor choice. That said, the spirit of the quote holds true, and it's pretty fucking far from "stupid." Certainly wiser and...
Despite the hate that Gucci as a brand receives on SF, their classic horsebit loafer is a staple. I'm a big fan.
One of the assistants/admins in my office recently guilt-tripped everyone into setting aside an entire day next week to go do volunteer work. The idea has now achieved so much currency in the office that the "volunteer" part no longer seems true.
Quote: Originally Posted by Freewheeler Plenty of executives in media make 10M+ a year as part of a salary - not stock. You quoted "Nobody ever got rich off a salary. No matter how high the salary." That's bullshit obviously. You can't say "No matter how high the salary" and then change your tune when you learn that people are multi-millionaires strictly from the salary that they have earned over the years. See, now we're just playing a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton The distinction between wealth and a high income is true, of course, and often overlooked but I think the quote is wrong, or out of date. At the top end in corporate America--and I don't just mean CEOs but also the top tier of executives--it is quite possible to get rich on a salary (plus bonus plus stock grants). These people can make millions per year, live lavishly, and still have plenty left over to amass tens of...
Quote: Originally Posted by Freewheeler So how do you explain people who make many millions as part of their salary. Not rich enough for you? Making millions as part of your salary isn't going to make you fuck-you rich. It'll make you highly paid, and it'll make you rich by many people's standards. But it won't make you rich enough to be able to drop everything, go bum around the world and live a life of leisure for a few years, and come back...
Quote: Originally Posted by yjeezle i'm assuming you mean "fuck you rich" ie. >$10M Correct. However high we want to peg the fuck-you point, that's what I am talking about.