or Connect

Posts by MyMindSpray

not sure why they moved once again, but i would think that times are a bit tough and from the few photos i've seen, the new location certainly appears to be much smaller. i always enjoyed my visits to Atelier. not being from NYC, i found each visit to almost feel like a pilgrimage, especially for one that enjoys and appreciates fashion and clothing. with regards to those that have commented on the SA's, i've always found the staff to be helpful and knowledgeable,...
i saw this interview and thought about posting...thanks for putting this up dante.... being chinese, yohji's comments have always been refreshing regarding the relationship (often strained) between the chinese and japanese. certainly given his age and as he put it, "a son of war", i appreciate that as usual, he's not afraid to go against the grain of what many of his peers often tip toe around or avoid discussing altogether. i'm not sure if this has been debated yet,...
thanks for info esox....been eyeing the overcoat on Yoox and i've heard that the Y's items are typically more fitted and tailored..especially those that came later on...Appreciate your two cents.
Hi all! ...Looking for some sizing advice regarding the Y's for Men line...I've heard that, generally speaking, this line is slimmer and less "oversized" than YYPH...more tailored I suppose... Looking to pick up a classic coat and worried that my standard size 4 is gonng be too tight... Can anyone put my concerns to rest?
that's great David....appreciate the details...thanks! I'm a size 4....i had a feeling it'd be sale time now, i'm hoping there are still some pieces left....
for those of you that reside or have visited Hong Kong, where would one find a good stockist that carries Yohji for men?? i'll be visiting in a few days and would like to pick up a few pieces while i'm out there. did some searches, but couldn't find anything sure bets. thanks in advance
That cardigan is killer....Sooo tempted to bite the bullet and just get it!
Ivwri....that cardigan/jacket looks amazing....how does it handle in real life?
Siki Im is definitely a winner....i have yet to handle their spring/summer items, but the fall/winter items in the past have been good...solid construction and fairly luxurious fabrics... I second a request for good shirts....i also find shirting that works well with Yohji to be difficult to find!
Sasquatchfabrix is indeed quite nice...i had the opportunity to handle a number of their pieces while i was in Asia last year...slightly more casual, but the quality of the garments were quite good...i agree with you Ivwri, their play on east meets west blends fairly well with Yohji's work... While the silhouettes for Damir work well, i still find some of the drappiness of Damir to be slightly off-putting, but there's no doubt that the quality is there... I'm actually...