or Connect

Posts by CutandSew

I'm curious to know what is available at the Mississauga outlet, especially Tom Ford stuff. I was at the Vaughn Mills outlet just yesterday, but didn't notice any special discounts other than $100 off of $500 purchases, $250 off of $1000, and $750 off of $2500. There wasn't really anything noteworthy at Vaughn Mills other than a Herno outerwear piece that caught my eye. In terms of tailored clothing, it was mostly Canali, Zegna, Hugo Boss and a few random Bolgioli, &...
Unfortunately, the shoulder is one of those areas that needs to fit perfectly right off the bat. You are asking for quite a lot to be added too. Maybe you can get a bit more shoulder room by letting out the centre back seam at the shoulder blade area.
In addition to checking for the remnants of an old crease and the workmanship of the top buttonholes, you can also look at the pickstitching on the lapel. You will notice a difference on the right side (facing outwards for everyone to see) vs. the backside (facing inwards towards your body which no one can see). If the jacket was meant to be worn as a two button, the pickstitching will be noticeable outwards along the lapel all the way to the second button where it flips...
Hi, this question is for sellers mainly. So I have this buyer who is sending me messages with a lot of nit picky questions even though I have addressed them in my listing. The buyer has messaged me questioning the authenticity of the item, the condition, how it fits and whether or not it is actually brand new and unworn! I had already stated that the item is brand new with tags, unworn, in pristine condition, and provided detailed pictures of the item along with the...
Has anyone here ordered clothing from Europe - from the UK, or Italy specifically? I'm thinking about ordering a leather jacket from retailers located in either country and my shipping choices are FedEx from the UK retailer (although I might be able to convince them to use OCS or Royal Mail instead), or UPS Express from the Italian retailer. The jacket is the same brand and cost at either store ($1000 CDN) so it comes down to the courier company that they'll use. Any...
I've read good things about Cheeseworth's Invisible Mending over on Mount Pleasant, but I have no first hand experience. They were mentioned in some new articles either in the Toronto Star or Toronto Life a few years ago. It might be worth checking out if they're still around.
I purchased two BB2 OCBD shirts on Monday and was given the extra 20% discount by 'Vito', I think his name was. I'm not sure if he was allowed to do so, but thankfully he did anyway because according to him, they want to "get rid of everything as soon as possible". I think there will be more drops in the future.
Only the beige suede shoes left, I'm afraid. There are still a lot of OCBDs though and some suits and jackets if you are BB0, BB1, BB4 and BB5.
What was the discount? I went into the RBC store again today and asked about the BBBF shoes again and was told by another SA that they're about 40% off. The first SA I asked didn't really give me an answer other than that I should check next week and that the discount will be 'substantial'. Is this 50% BBBF sale that was mentioned here some secret discount that no associate knows about until it gets rung up on the register, or am I just talking to the wrong SAs?On an...
Hmmm, that's interesting - that's about 70% off. I asked an associate if the Black Fleece shoes were on sale at the RBC flagship store during lunch today, specifically the boots and she said not yet. She gave me her card and took down my name and told me to check with her next week. It would have been nice to know that the grain longings were on sale right then and there! Like, what the heck?