or Connect

Posts by maxnharry

I am still a Crema Alpina/Crema Nubiana fan and lucky enough to have a source. I wouldn't bring any mink oil within 20ft of a pair of good shoes.
Quote: Originally Posted by Thomas That seems logical and rational. I can also see the surprise in why Pelosi was kept as leader, too. Thanks! Is it a master plan by Dems or more political fail. They (sometimes) win elections in spite of themselves, but seem to be such a disorganized bunch. Can't they hire some Republican consultants to show them how the machinery is supposed to work?
A really good piece from Fox News describing how the Stuxnet Worm damaged Iran's nuclear capabilities. http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/...est=latestnews
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton This just strikes me as crocodile tears, or "concern trolling." You are a lib. You want libs to do well. Yet you are really so personally concerned with one conservative politician's preparation? Why? It helps your side if she is bad. You spend no time (that I can see) concerned about dumb gaffes or under-preparation by liberals, of which there is no shortage of examples. To say nothing of the total mess of...
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton Seriously, what do you want? You constantly post stuff like this, basically touting your own superior virtue for holding certain opinions and saying that people on the other side are all idiots. If you have a schtick here, that's it. I don't really have the patience for it. You have the zeal of the convert and a total lack of perspective as far as I can see. You also seem to be totally obsessed with...
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton I have had my say on this. If you need third party validators to reinforce your sense of superiority over Palin and her supporters, please ask someone else to help you. Wow-that's not very nice.
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton No, what you said was that they like her precisely because they see her has just as dumb as they are. It's an incredibly smug thing to think and it helps explain (or should, to the more self aware) why bossy, arrogant libs constantly get battered at the polls and are so despised by so much of the country. So how do you think her supporters feel about lack of knowledge on many issues?
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton This is really dumb though I am sure very self-satisfying to write. Look, I agree, she is not well informed, nor does she seem intent on becoming well informed. But to say that her appeal is ignorance shows that you don't understand her appeal at all. This level of discourse is not really at a much higher intellectual plane than that which you accuse her of. It may even be lower. I fully understand her...
Quote: Originally Posted by XenoX101 She said it three times, and gave a giant non-answer to the interviewer (ok, perhaps this is excusable). This would be bad for any politician but the fact that Palin has such a bad track record for not knowing things makes it all the more likely that she really didn't know the difference; a view further perpetuated through the comment from one of John McCain's advisors. Her brand is not knowing things and...
With the exception of the Ryan Airs of the world (where you're asking them to spit on you), I have found the service of the airlines outside of the US to be alot better. For US airlines, I think the "Walmartization" comment to be spot on. We insist that they compete on price only and they do. I remember the old days of the fixed "socialized" airfares fondly. Even in coach you were treated decently, made as comfortable as possible and people picked airlines and...