or Connect

Posts by maxnharry

Quote: Originally Posted by Manton I think I speak for everyone when I say "we are all unwed pregnant Alaskan minors now"
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton What is she alleged to have done or not done here? I don't get it. She is alleged to have put undue pressure upon the head of the State Police to fire her ex-brother in law after a messy custody battle between the trooper and her sister and then fired the head of the State Police when he refused to fire her ex-brother in law. She then is alleged to have lied about it when first asked and when confronted with...
Quote: Originally Posted by montecristo#4 Nice double post. Where?
Just found a pretty comprehensive article about the matter. The parapgraph that caught my eye and seemed to be another indicator of sloppy vetting by McCain. "Just yesterday, Monegan gave an interview to the Washington Post in which he said that not only Palin's aides, but Palin's husband and Palin herself had repeatedly raised the Wooten issue with him and pressured him to fire him. And now he says he has emails that Palin sent him about the matter. (In an interesting...
XX
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton I really doubt that is sloppy vetting. McCain's team probably decided it wasn't a problem, and anyway, if she flipped, she flipped in the right direction. No big deal. I wont keep chanting it, but honestly....we'll have to wait for the election to see.
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton I guessed that, but I have not heard anything about her being involved with it. In the city Ketchikan, the planned site of the so-called "Bridge to Nowhere," political leaders of both parties said the claim was false and a betrayal of their community, because she had supported the bridge and the earmark for it secured by Alaska's Congressional delegation during her run for...
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton I don't know what you mean about #2, but they knew all about 1 & 3, so it's not lack of vetting. Who knows what else may be lurking out there, but so far all the things that have come up were known in advance. Dupe Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton I don't know what you mean about #2, but they knew all about 1 & 3, so it's not lack of vetting. Who knows what else may be lurking out there, but so far all the things that have come up were known in advance. She seems to have a Kerry'esque position about the bridge to nowhere that may not stand up under scrutiny. I also don't know how they could have thoroughly vetted her since he made his decision so...
Honestly, the baby is a sideshow. Based on the reports in the papers on how the selection process for McCain, it seems he had made a different pick but had to change to satisfy constituents. If this is all there is then he really could make this pick work and win the White House. What I've seen so far is: 1. Unresolved troopergate 2. Supported the bridge then didn't support the bridge 3. Pregnant unmarried minor daughter This seems like sloppy vetting to me...