or Connect

Posts by maxnharry

Quote: Originally Posted by Scrumhalf China has a unique way of interpreting history to justify their claims of sovereignty over different territories. The fact that some 2 bit Chinese warlord invaded an area in the 4th century and did some raping and pillaging for a while is enough for the Chinese govt. to think that gives them sovereignty over the territory. If that's their claim it's hardly the oddest one that I've heard.
Quote: Originally Posted by origenesprit So... what do you play? P.S. Anybody have any Gretsch experience? I've never really played one but I'm dying for an Anniversary Jr (Jack White is becoming far too much of an influence). I have a 5120 but don't play it very much. I can get an equivalent tone out of my tele and don't like the feel of the Gretsch body. You should go play one.
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton He's talking about Nelson's navy. Not really relevant to current circumstances. Thanks
Quote: Originally Posted by 83glt I thought it was 200 miles? Or is that something different, like an economic zone or something? 12 miles is the internationally accepted limit of territorial waters. 200 miles is the exclusive economic zone.
Quote: Originally Posted by L.R. I think people get too worked up over the bigger is better mentality when it comes to aircraft carriers and other naval ships. Historically, 3rd rate ships were the most effective (economics, power, maneuverability, and all other things considered). Its not really bigger is better, its what do you want to do with your Navy. If you are primarily interested in coastal patrol and limited blue water operations...
Quote: Originally Posted by xinu98 Hi - Filene's Basements has a number of Oxxford suits (Mason) for $999 less 20%. Is this a good price for this suit? Is this the best quality suit one can hope to find there? Thanks! Yes, that's a good price. Oxxford is regarded as one of the top 1 or 2 RTW makers. Not everyone loves the cut, but if you do, that's a solid deal.
Quote: Originally Posted by milosz Against whom will the Brits need to stand via use of this aircraft carrier? Need to? I have no idea, but they won't be able to stand against anyone on their own. I guess the age of warfare is over and peace has broken out.
This is a symptom of a creeping problem with most of our European allies. They have slowly been shrinking their militaries and most have little hope of standing on their own without a lot of help. As more austerity measures are undertaken in Europe, it will only get worse.
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton Bircher, really. To be honest, I have always though you were dumb but never a dick until now. You always say things like this when challenged but you only post liberal things, and mostly you post sophistic, silly things that read as if they were cut and pasted from undergrad liberal blogs. I am going by that. I don't have anything else to go on. Similarly, if I were called "conservative" by someone and I...
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton Classic lib blog tactic, BTW, to redefine the "center" so far to the left that more or less conventional conservative like me is suddenly "far, far to the right." Classic bircher tactic to call everyone a lib. I am a realist. I vote left and right based on issues. Markets are the right way to do most things, but not all. Lower taxes are better, but taxes are still needed. If that makes me a lib in...