or Connect

Posts by maxnharry

Quote: Originally Posted by Nereis The more you know.
Quote: Originally Posted by Nereis So, teaching a bunch of warring tribes that haven't progressed since the middle ages that killing people is wrong, is hard? Wow I never knew that at all. Now you do.
Quote: Originally Posted by emptym A certain favorite poster of mine has affirmed in previous discussions that we are. I assert that freedom requires some capacity to do what one chooses. He disagrees. A recent article about funds being cut in Arizona reminded me of this. Those unable to pay are no longer able to get transplants. For example: How free is this man to live his life, to live his family, to dream and plan for the...
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=dba_1291300216 This approach more closely matches what has worked with counterinsurgency efforts in the past, but something that the US doesn't really love doing. It's a slow process that really requires a lot of patience and dedication. I think it will do some good in AFG and my hat is off to those participating.
Quote: Originally Posted by CBrown85 Why are you an apologist for one the largest environmental disasters in modern history? I didn't see an apology in his post, just some comments about the GoM and some rhetorical questions about the GoM just before the spill. What do you recommend we do? Should we execute anyone that hand anything to do with it? Should we send people who use oil to re-education camps or should we just wring our hands...
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire Everything I keep reading says Obama still wants 250k> to pay more. In fact, didn't he recently repudiate statements from his press core, saying he was not ready to deal with that, while he was in Asia? #3 is incorrect as a compromise position. That is Obama's default position. He would have to deviate off that for anything to be a "bi-partisan compromise." Agreed-#3 has been his consistent position. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire Apropos of this thread: http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/12/...ex.html?hpt=C1 It's a TTRRRAAAAPPPPP. Bi-partisan in DC tends to mean Repubs give in. That's just my opinion, YMMV. Wait. All reasonable people would agree with this. However, the article says this: What "compromise" is being suggested? I think everything is still on the table. So far I have heard: 1. Temporary...
Quote: Originally Posted by passingtime The carriers aren't commissioned until 2020 and by that time things may have changed. The hope is that someone will have the sense to cut the RAF bomber force and that will free the money to operate the second carrier. There are other options now they have decided to go to catapult launch and arrested landing such as using Hornets rather that F-35C which would let you buy far more aircraft. In an ideal world the UK...
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton If that actually came to pass it would be awesome so don't knock it. We'd go from one allied carrier to two. Why do you have to poke the French like that?
Quote: Originally Posted by passingtime The UK is currently building two aircraft carriers. The last Labour government signed contracts that made it more expensive to cancel than complete so Cameron didn't have much choice other than to continue. The aircraft to go with them is a bit tricky since they have moved to using Harriers to F35C tailhook aircraft instead (the original idea was to use F-35B). Since they are scrapping the Ark Royal now and these...