or Connect

Posts by maxnharry

Quote: Originally Posted by holymadness Hmm... I recommend the two large department stores in Paris: The BHV (not particularly cheap but it sells everything you could imagine on 6 floors), or else Le Roi Merlin (which has more of a do-it-yourself vibe). BHV looks like the place! Thanks. Which location do you recommend?
Quote: Originally Posted by holymadness Monoprix is a grocery store that also sells clothing/houseware/bathware at its larger locations. Quality is very average relative to the prices, which I find high. Carrefour is similar but less expensive, and cannot be found within the city limits properly speaking (I think the closest one is at Montreuil). But yeah, it's basically the equivalent of Target. Thanks-we have Carrefour near where I am. ...
I vaguely remember a discussion here about a store in Paris that was similar to Target. Was it Monoprix? Am going to be in Paris over the weekend and needed to grab some housewares. Thanks for the help!
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton We used to keep the Ohio class subs (the Trident-armed "boomers") at a base outside of Bangor. East coast base was later moved to Georgia, which makes less sense for a lot of reasons. East coast OHIO homeport has always been in Georgia. West coast homeport is Bangor, Washington. Bangor, ME is a nice town but I think Portland has a lot more to offer.
I am very sorry to hear of your loss. Thank you for the important reminder that time is short for all of us and we need to make the most of it.
Good deal-thanks for posting that!
I do not, I earned my master's in residence, but have worked with a few folks who did DL. I would have to say that it depends on your goal and your industry. If you are just trying to learn more about business or your industry doesn't care where you got your MBA from, then fine. If you are in Finance or Consulting, it could be a liability, because most of the DL programs are still not well regarded.
http://www.whitehouse-cox.co.uk/index2.html
Quote: Originally Posted by innerspaceboy Thanks max n harry, will the alcohol take it back to factory shine? as the shoes are dullish with the polish on, also will the alcohol affect the leather in a negative way? no-the alcohol will take the parade gloss off and then you need to start from the beginning. Here's one way http://blog.leffot.com/2009/08/13/shine-time-2/ Here's...
I would wipe with alcohol to strip the parade gloss off, then use a crema alpina if you have it, then a shoe cream and finish with the kiwi. if you dont have the alpina, just skip that step. parade gloss is garbage as it has silicone in it (IIRC).