or Connect

Posts by maxnharry

I think I would return them
I am assuming its NPS, and if so, the clothes you've listed are perfect. Most of your peers will be in dockers and a shirt.
Quote: Originally Posted by Kent Wang Maybe there's a similar rule for the Navy to allow wearing bals? If that's possible, I think a balmoral would be more preferable to a blucher. I was best man (civilian) at my friend's naval wedding. Are you going to do the sword arch—and slap the bride across the butt after she passes with one of the swords? Cause that's what happened at that wedding and it was pretty great. Also, I have seen Top Gun over a dozen...
Quote: Originally Posted by naviator It will be an evening wedding, which is why we decided to go that route. And you sir are correct on that full-dress distinction. Full dress would likely be appropriate for a morning event, I think. The option I linked to though is the "formal dress", which is the white tie variant of dinner dress. It uses a different shirt, and has a vest instead of a cummerbund. I'll actually still be using the black bow...
Quote: Originally Posted by GBR Surely way over the top for a daytime wedding which I assume it is? This borders on costume - surely there visa more appropriate formal day dress? First, the tradition in the Navy is that the uniform of the day for a wedding is whatever your bride wants it to be. The uniform you linked to is not our full dress, but our winter mess dress and usually worn for evening social events like an evening wedding, ball,...
Shameless plug for a Glenroyal bridle briefcase I am selling on eBay. Free S&H for SF members. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280640071245&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_898
Quote: Originally Posted by lee_44106 Your problem is that you buy cheap stuff. Go Hermes. Then you'd know you've just got the BEST. And when whatever happens that you don't like, you'd know that it's just the way the leather/glove is supposed to do. DONE. Will they actually sell the gloves to someone or will someone (not Mafoofan) have to tell us the secret word?
It's a mixed bag. Some companies prefer IT management with MBAs and some prefer folks with the right kind of experience. I would go for the masters. Along with that you need to be adding skills and experience to your resume. Try to get involved with different things where you work. We're doing a big ITIL push and younger guys are making a name for themselves by volunteering to be process owners and leading process teams. Good luck!
"In Marge We Trust"
Quote: Originally Posted by origenesprit So... what do you play? P.S. Anybody have any Gretsch experience? I've never really played one but I'm dying for an Anniversary Jr (Jack White is becoming far too much of an influence). I have a 5120 but don't play it very much. I can get an equivalent tone out of my tele and don't like the feel of the Gretsch body. You should go play one.